mtbr member
    May 2007

wheelie + new to clipless = ouch

You know those wheelies you do that the bike kinda stunds up from underneath of you? I did one the other night. Normally you just put your feet down and stand up right? HAHA not with clipless, you geussed it on my back I went still connected the the bike. Both elbows are pretty tender but other than that my wife got a good laugh.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Clipless and wheelies DO NOT work well together, lol Ive done this before, thank god I was practicing on grass.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    once per season...every season...

mtbr member
    I did this. Had a metal bodied camera in my jersey pocket.

It did not feel good
    :wq

mtbr member
    Same thing happened to me a few weekends ago. Got too greedy on a sustained wheelie and ended up flat on my back still clipped in. Luckily it was on the grass so I only skinned up an elbow and it left me feeling like a complete toolbox. The wife saw me layed out on the ground and called me a f-ing idiot. Fun times.
    Signature

Front Range, Colorado
    Wow you are so much luckier than I was in a similar crash. It has been four months and I am far from recovered. Check it out here... When good days go bad.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here's my story - about a year and a half ago I raced bmx and tried to manual over a table top. and as you guessed it, I fell on my butt. Can you say booty-buster?! lol