since 03
    Jun 2007

well this sucks...

yesturday I was riding a local trail some nice doubles and some trail rides. and I stopped to get somthin out of my backpack and out of no where I get stung in the mouth (on the roof of my mouth), upper lip and chin by some type of bee. it hurt like a bi#ch.. so I just call it a day and ride back. once i got back to my car my whole face is soo swollen. so when i get back home i just ice it for the rest of the day. after about 5 hours of iceing and benadrial (sp?) i looked normal again! well this morning i woke up looked in the mirror and i saw my upper lip was about 4 times its regular size.. this thing was huge. so i went to the docter earlier today to get it checked out and it turns out im allergic to bees and every time i get stung now im gonna swell up.. doc says im gonna be swollen for another day and then i should be fine.

mtbr member
    that sucks....

at least you didnt have a swelling airway.....

take a photo

Uphill hater
    Can they prescribe those epi pens that you can inject yourself with if stung? getting stung in the mouth, man that makes me cringe just thinking about it. Get well and "bee" careful out there. Sorry, couldn't help that one.
    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

My blog

Baton Rouge, LA
    The hazards of being a mouth breather.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Get well soon.

since 03
    Jun 2007
    today it looks alot better its still about twice its normal size though ill try to get some pics up.
    i may go ride some today if i can ill probably get some funny looks..