resetting my post count

weird/abdominal back pain.....

Since mid-May I've been having weird abdominal/back pain that seems to sometimes be made better and sometimes worse by riding... I can't tell if it's muscle pain or something "more sinister" as doctors have quoted to me, and it's really bringin' me down.

So far, doctors have come up with nothing, and I just figured I'd appeal to a broader audience and see if anyone could come up with a solution where they have failed.

The main thing is excruciating back pain (tailbone) in the morning and big time stomach pain if I bend forward, to the right of and just below my belly button. Has anyone with disc problems/back pain ever had associated stomach pain?

Rather than retyping it all, visit my blog... feel free to leave ideas there or reply here, I can check both.... I hate lingering pain like this...

http://rideagainstthemachine.blogspo...back-pain.html
    Last edited by SSpeed; 08-27-2007 at 07:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SSpeed
    Since mid-May I've been having weird abdominal/back pain that seems to sometimes be made better and sometimes worse by riding... I can't tell if it's muscle pain or something "more sinister" as doctors have quoted to me, and it's really bringin' me down.

So far, doctors have come up with nothing, and I just figured I'd appeal to a broader audience and see if anyone could come up with a solution where they have failed.

The main thing is excruciating back pain (tailbone) in the morning and big time stomach pain if I bend forward, to the right of and just below my belly button. Has anyone with disc problems/back pain ever had associated stomach pain?

Rather than retyping it all, visit my blog... feel free to leave ideas there or reply here, I can check both.... I hate lingering pain like this...

http://rideagainstthemachine.blogspo...back-pain.html

I tell ya, I've become something of a biking hypochondriac since being diagnosed with kidney cancer after a hard ride (blood in urine). Best you pursue this with the docs, SS; maybe some imaging, which is what saved me. Best wishes. Probably nothing.

resetting my post count
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit
    I tell ya, I've become something of a biking hypochondriac since being diagnosed with kidney cancer after a hard ride (blood in urine). Best you pursue this with the docs, SS; maybe some imaging, which is what saved me. Best wishes. Probably nothing.
    Thanks, I've been hearing these "worst case scenarios" from the doctors since the start of the pain. So far none have materialized. At first I feared appendicitis as that's what they were telling me, at this point I just wish it was appendicitis. I have 2 CT scans, an ultrasound, and an X-ray on CDs, I wish I knew better how to read them... I can look and sort of pick stuff out, but I can't distinguish irregularities. I'd gladly share them with anyone who knows how to read them...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Seems like that battery of imaging would show something if something were there, so that is excellent news.

Mid-May--that's awhile, and it's not going away. Strange. I am concerned, not to mention the continuing discomfort.

Short of meeting with more doctors or getting anecdotal advice online, what more can you do?

Such specific siting of the pain, and yet no diagnosis.

I have a degenerated spine, and doctors have warned me to be sensitive and not let that more-or-less constant pain mask something more urgent.

I am no doc, and I better back off.

I'd rather you see additional professionals--easier said than done sometimes. I expect this worry is detracting a bit from life.

Very best wishes.