mtbr member

Video -RC tears, labrum tear, rupture transverse ligament and subbluxed biceps tendon

Nothing new here at all, in separate events and surgeries I have had this on the right shoulder/biceps. In fact, just last Sept I had my right shoulder/biceps repaired.

Weight lifting in the early 90s = RC tear, rugby injury in mid-90s = broken AC, clavicle and a cornucopia of a mess.

2011 an OTB down a ravine line into a creek bed led to a separated AC joint, that led to the MRI that uncovered 10 yrs worth of pain - torn labrum and a subbluxed (dislocated) biceps tendon that had the appearance of being a very old injury. Anchors and sutures repaired the labrum, removal of a 7mm bone fragment and my biceps tendon was screwed into my humerus. When I was out of surgery you would have thought the Doc was telling me I had cancer when he explained the severity of the arthritis in my right shoulder.

Here's the top of my humerus, missing much cartilage.
    Severe Arthritis of the Humeral Head (glenohumeral joint) - YouTube

2012 - Just a couple months ago I managed to save myself from a would be face plant down a ravine...I reached out an grabbed a tree at the last second to catch my fall...only to tear my rotator cuff in 2 places, labrum, rupture the tranverse ligament (holds the biceps tendon in the bicipital groove) and dislocate my biceps tendon - on the left side.

One of the RC repairs in action:
    Rotator Cuff Repair - Action Shot of Joint and Sutures - YouTube

6 months off the bike in the past year and a half sucks!

mtbr member
    cool videos
    you tend to rupture tendons and ligaments like I do.
    wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    cool videos
    you tend to rupture tendons and ligaments like I do.
    wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery
    Thanks.