mtbr member

Upset umm...a rash problem ?

A bit embarressing situation here. I'm living in the south where I'm not really used to (or like really) the humidity down here. While its getting better now that it is fall I got a bit of a problem, partly due to the humidity and partly due to my stupidity.
    I got myself a wee little rash down...well...down there. Didn't change out of my biking shorts for awhile after a ride. Not jock itch as the jock itch medicine helped but it came right back. Doc said it was more due to rubbing...ie mt biking and it's something that overweight people get all the time. He prescribed hydrocortosone cream but said that I should go to wallgreens and pick up A+D Ointment.
    He also said I should use vasaline more. Now I think I recall somewhere people talking about using vasaline but thought I'd ask in here.
    So has anybody else run into this. Besides airing out a bit and using the cream any other advice....

I'm a dog person
    I've done a fair amount of endurance racing in my time and found that Bag Balm worked wonders. Vaseline seemed to rub off too quickly. Noxema works well, too, but don't know how that would feel on an already established rash.
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

mtbr member

do you put this on before you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by emptybeer
    I've done a fair amount of endurance racing in my time and found that Bag Balm worked wonders. Vaseline seemed to rub off too quickly. Noxema works well, too, but don't know how that would feel on an already established rash.
    Do you rub a bit on before you go for a ride??

I'm a dog person
    If going for a long ride, I put a layer on the chamois.
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

mtbr member
    careful if it is fungus, it spreads quickly and is quite nasty to get rid of it. I had it once in highschool, and I got it again this summer due to the same thing. You have to be dilegent about it and treat it mulitple times in one day. I actually had to get an oral rX for it. not fun. at least this wasn't "down there" but still it's not a good look when you're trying to "meet people" lol...

I'd rather get stung by bees and run into poison ivy.