Known Mountainbiker

Ultra sound therapy

So I went to my chiropractor to get my 3 month tune up. I got a rib popped back into place, spine readjusted and my favorite, BDDDDDDDDDRIP my neck. During the session I was nursing my shoulder due to a crash last weekend. [I pulled the coracobrachialis] and this got the attention of the doc.

So after the session, she lubed up my shoulder and pulled out a high frequency ultra sound unit and ran it over my shoulder for about 15 minutes. The theory is that the ultra sound breaks up the scar tissue to promote faster healing. I WILL BE DAMNED if it didn't help. My range of motion has increased and the pain has decreased. Yes, I'm going back for another session later in the week.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if you haven't tried ultrasound therapy to speed healing, you may want to consider it.

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Ultrasound breaks up the scar tissue by sound converting to heat treatment. It also increases cell permeability decreasing healing time. There is a new lazer treatment that works in the same way. The research is not completed on it, so not many docs do it yet.

No ultrasound on hardware though. So if you have screws in the joint, sorry none for you.