Kid disguised as an adult

Torn side muscles?

I crashed almost 2 weeks ago and thought I'd cracked another rib, the bottom one on the right, but now it seems more like torn muscles. There was no visible bruising, I can press on the rib and sleep on that side, even deep breathing feels ok, which, based on previous experience, tells me the rib is ok. But if I twist my torso, or especially if I lean to the left, it feels like a really sore muscle or a sprain. Doing something like getting out of my car is fairly painful.

I've been applying heat a few times a day, but that hasn't helped and I'm wondering how long this is likely to keep me off the bike. The season is winding down and I'm getting antsy to ride. Anyone have any experience with something like this?
    If you turn the light on fast enough,
    you can see what the dark looks like.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yes.
    For me it turned out to be a bruised and partially torn kidney.

Kid disguised as an adult
    Yow! That sounds really painful. I hope you recovered ok from that.
    I've had several bouts of kidney stones and my pain is nowhere near that intensity or location.
    It's right below my ribcage on the side. It actually feels a little better today, so I'm hoping it's going to start tapering off soon. I haven't used any heat on it in over a day and I'm wondering if that was aggravating it rather than helping.
    If you turn the light on fast enough,
    you can see what the dark looks like.