mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Torn meniscus and new bike :-(

had my knee operated on last Friday, been walking without crutches for a few days..and all I can do is look at my new Jamis Dakota Elite sitting in the basement, I've only ridden it less then 30 minutes total since I bought it. But this last week sitting at home with ice and at the PC has allowed me to spend more money on lighter components, Selle Italia SLR saddle, Thomson post and stem, tires and tubes. Should be ready to ride with my knee as the weather gets warmer here on the East Coast in a few weeks. Here it was in the first hour of arriving home, with reflectors still attached..
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Good luck with the recovery! Awesome bike, and it sounds like your recovery is coming along quite nicely!
    I also just had a meniscus removal.
    ER

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Really, you two should pm each other

Both of you, keep a positive outlook. I've been there and I'm riding now.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Born Annoyed
    I'm just waiting for the crash that finishes off my ACL and meniscus. So far its been 2 years. Strange thing is my knee blows out more at work, never while riding. Good luck with rehab.
    It's ALWAYS funny when it happens to somebody else
    Lookie at what I found- http://www.f88me.com check it out, now

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I blew out my ACL 3 weeks ago and I'm a week from surgery, but I bought a new Titus two days ago, found it on way too good of a sale. I rode it about 50 yds in the parking lot today, not the best idea. All it does is haunt me. 3 months before I'll be able to give it a good thrashing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That's a bigger bummer then a torn Meniscus, I had my surgery on Feb 29th and was on a stationary bike 4 days after and my new Jamis 7 days later around my yard. Bad thing about recovery at home looking at the bike and being near a computer is I kept ordering things over the internet. Upgraded my seat, post, stem, handlebars, tires, tubes and helmet...geezz!! Oh well, good luck recovering from the ACL.