Endo Pro
    Jun 2013

There goes my winter riding.

Two weeks ago I went out to a new park just south of Springfield, MO. Two Rivers Bike Park. It is a nice place and plan to visit there again.

On one of the downhill runs I did not clear the jump and went endo. Smashed myself up pretty good. Spent the next six hours in the emergency room getting x-rays and a CAT scan of my head and neck. Happy to report my helmet saved my head.

Final out come was only a non-displaced radial head fracture. No surgery and the doc said he won't even cast the arm since the elbow tends to stiffen up pretty bad when immobilized. I still have no feeling in part of my thigh from the swelling and bruising. Otherwise most of my cuts and bruises have healed nicely.

Out of riding for about 3 months according to the doctor.

There goes my winter riding.-2013-11-11-15.43.49.jpgThere goes my winter riding.-2013-11-11-15.45.13.jpgThere goes my winter riding.-2013-11-18-12.08.58-1-.jpgThere goes my winter riding.-2013-11-15-09.29.25.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That sucks, it is no fun being unable to ride, i had a similar experience 4 weeks ago i fractured my pelvis in 5 places at Two Rivers on the intermediate downhill(the one with the platform start). I ended up endoing also. Glad i had a helmet on, mine didn't end up in as bad as shape as yours. Haven't been on a bike since and it is driving me nuts. It sucks that you ended up with a broken arm, because 3 months off a bike would suck.

So Are you from the Springfield area? My wife and I where at two rivers about every weekend since it opened, till i had my wreck.

Endo Pro
    Jun 2013
    I couldn't imagine having a broken pelvis. That has to be pretty painful.

My dad is lives in Battlefield. I am from Kansas. When I go visit him we always find a place to ride. Usually it's the Sac River Trail. This time we decided to change it up since we heard about Two Rivers.

I was on the beginner downhill. I crashed on the last jump before the wall ride. It's one of the nicer trails I have rode. I hope they keep up the maintenance on it.

When I showed up at the ER and told the nurse I wrecked my mountain bike she said, "Let me guess, Two Rivers?". So apparently we are not the only two people having a rough time from those trails. lol

Endo Pro
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpok92 View Post
    Glad i had a helmet on, mine didn't end up in as bad as shape as yours.
    I did find out the Bell has a crashed helmet replacement program. They are giving me 30% off a new helmet. Just wish I hadn't found this out the hard way.

mtbr member
    Ouch! Get well quickly! Two Rivers couldn't can dish it out. I was out there for the first time a few weeks back and watched a guy break his collarbone (so we think). He went off one of the wall ramps wrong and landed it basically on his side. Didn't look fun at all!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I believe there where 2 other people who took trips to the er the day i did. I know for sure one of the guys hurt his ankle right around the same time I did, and actually saw one of his friends going back while I was sitting in the waiting room. Also one of the guys who helped get me off the trail broke a few of his ribs about 4 months ago.

That is funny about the er guessing that the it was "Two Rivers".

As for the broken pelvis, eh it hasn't been bad at all, not to painful, just alot of discomfort.

Also two rivers will be maintained for a while longer and they have apparently marked another 3 or so miles of trail to build soon and they also have plans for a phase 2 that will include an expert downhill with something like a 10 foot drop, and another 6 or so miles of singletrack.