mtbr member

Sprained Wrist Experiences?

I sprained my wrist 3 weeks ago after crashing during an enduro race. I'm losing my ****ing marbles waiting around for it to heal, wearing a brace about 75% of the time. I also just ordered one of those gyro balls to exercise it. It feels better now than 3 weeks ago but still not good enough to ride on. If I had to guess I think I'll be riding in 1-2 weeks but its so hard to tell. If you've had the same injury can you please post how long it took you to get back to normal?

mtbr member

update on wrist

Quote Originally Posted by markmyers View Post
    I sprained my wrist 3 weeks ago after crashing during an enduro race. I'm losing my ****ing marbles waiting around for it to heal, wearing a brace about 75% of the time. I also just ordered one of those gyro balls to exercise it. It feels better now than 3 weeks ago but still not good enough to ride on. If I had to guess I think I'll be riding in 1-2 weeks but its so hard to tell. If you've had the same injury can you please post how long it took you to get back to normal?

So here's what I've learned about wrist sprains-

Do NOT **** around about x-rays- get one immediately even if you think its only sprained. There are a lot of little bones in the wrist that you can break without realizing it. If you do break one and don't take care of it there is a BIG penalty to pay down the road. Happened to a friend.

It helps to rehab it with a powerball- A LOT, you can order them cheap online and they do help strengthen the wrist.

Use a brace when you sleep, you do weird **** in your sleep.

DON'T ride for the first week or three depending on how severe the sprain. Use pain as a guide. Also don't be afraid to ride non technical rides (with brace) once you get about 70-80% healed

There will be some residual pain that lingers for quite a while even after you're back on the bike, thats normal. I stretch out my wrist when I'm in the car with nothing better to to.

There are plenty of opportunities for jack off jokes- take advantage of this

It WILL heal and you will be 100% again!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey Mark! How is your wrist now? I'm going on my 3rd week recuperating and it kills me not being on a saddle for that long! I still have minor pain whenever I twist my right wrist but other than that, strength is back. No fractures on the xray and doctor said to give it another 2-3 weeks before it's fully healed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcx85 View Post
    Hey Mark! How is your wrist now? I'm going on my 3rd week recuperating and it kills me not being on a saddle for that long! I still have minor pain whenever I twist my right wrist but other than that, strength is back. No fractures on the xray and doctor said to give it another 2-3 weeks before it's fully healed.
    Its still a little stiff sometimes but I rotate it around a lot and that helps. I know how frustrating it is to not be able to ride! Sounds like you are getting close, good luck!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    yup! The sooner the better!

If anyone is looking for cheap reliable wrist support check this out... MCDAVID Level 1 Wrist Sleeve adjustable elastic