local trails rider

Sprained my knee

Sprained my right knee a week ago while WALKING a trail
    There was a spot where some mud comes to the surface, and there was a few drops of rain just before - so my limbs went in directions that they are not supposed to go.

I called the local medical advisory phone some hours later, because the pain was not going away. The male nurse there said that it would be a great idea to get it checked at the emergency reception, better sooner than later. A couple of X-rays and a hands on examination later the doctor concluded that nothing is actually broken - and sent me home with a bandaged knee, prescription for some painkillers, and instructions not to twist my knee again anytime soon.

Now, a week later, I can walk slowly on smooth surfaces. I can drive, as long as I'm very careful moving the foot between accelerator and brake pedal. I have not dared try riding a bike. Besides, I don't really want to know what the knee would feel like if I had to unclip the right foot from clipless pedals

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

local trails rider
    Update 3 weeks later:
    I tried getting on a bike yesterday. The knee doesn't want to bend quite enough for pedaling.
    Walking down a hill is uncomfortable, level and uphill are much better.
    The whole leg is stiff in the mornings. It gets better after I walk a little.
    Getting better all the time, but not nearly good yet.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

local trails rider
    About 5 weeks gone - and I was on a bike for the first time since spraining my knee. Just cruised to work, about half an hour each way.
    There was some discomfort but no pain...