mtbr member

Spiral malleolus...

I thought I'll never post here, but, hem, finally at 37 years old I brake my first bone.
    Pulling a ridiculous wheeling on my Bill Davidson I was late to grab the rear brake, and tip backwards, put my left foot down (like I surely did 869 times before), and I hear the sound of an old branch cracking.
    There's no branches on the path, so it must be my ankle...

The pain is almost a quarter of second late after the sound. Then after it's a lot of waiting, looking at the bone sticking out under the skin, swearing.
    Thankfully my wife is riding with me, and she's heading back home to bring the car and driving me to the emergency room, X-Rays, and the verdict : double malleolus...
    and because a post isn't fun without pics, here are some (forgive the sepia tone, the real colors were too disgusting) after the surgery.

Now, it's a long (and boring) path, waiting to be ready for the physical therapy...
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

JS8
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Man, another one! Not a good month for lower leg injuries. Good luck with your recovery.

mtbr member
    Thanks,
    look like the summer was great for surgeons !
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er