mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Sore joints after riding

So I try and ride at least twice a week. I rode yesterday for the first time since the middle of last week and had/have this problem: When I was riding, my feet/ankles and knees were hurting so bad that I couldn't hardly stand on my pedals on the downhills. My wrists, elbows, and shoulders were also very sore too and my hands seemed to be going numb faster and worse that I can ever remember. Today I am very sore in each place I listed. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Anyone have any idea why this happened and how to remedy it for the next time out?
    - KERSH -

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 45 and I had issues where my hips and knees would hurt and it's basically from joint deteriation that occurs as you get older. It also is caused by being acidic.

This might sound crazy, but it has worked for me. I take the following supplements daily:
    • Calcium (400mg calcium citrate and vitaman D)
    • Magnisium (200mg)
    • Maximum strength Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate
    • Drink the juice of 2 lemons daily - this actually seems to help the most of all

Here's the theory behind the lemon juice:
    Most of us do not eat right (fast food, beer, coffee, smoking...) this causes our body to become acidic. The body cannot survive long being acidic, so calcium is taken from the bones, teeth... to neutralize the condition. The calcium goes into you bloodstream and causes inflammation and it also gets into your joints and wears them away --- It's like the pivot joints on a full suspension bike being full of abrasive sand; it wears out you joints and causes pain, soreness... Your body is telling you there's a problem! So a doctor may suggest anti-inflammatory medicines and pain killers and temporarily this will help. Later in life when you can barely walk because your joints are trash they'll tell you it time for joint replacement. --- Now for the lemon juice. Lemon is one of the most powerful body alkalizes known. It also breaks-down calcium deposits very quickly. There are numerous studies on how it desolves kidney stones and calcium deposits. Check it out on the net if you don’t believe me.

Anyway, it has worked for me and I thought I’d never ride again and now can go all day with no pain. If you try it for 2 weeks and it doesn’t help then nothing gained and nothing lost.

good luck!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You don't say how old you are, but this sounds like way too much joint pain for a regular rider to be experiencing...and involving so many joints.

You may need to be checked for conditions that could be inflaming your joints that have nothing to do with biking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You don't say how old you are, but this sounds like way too much joint pain for a regular rider to be experiencing...and involving so many joints.

You may need to be checked for conditions that could be inflaming your joints that have nothing to do with biking.

Glad to Be Alive
    I like wearing ankle and knee braces......get the cloth (ace) and not the neoprane (too hot)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days