mtbr member
    Nov 2007

sore elbows after riding?

anyone have this problem?
    Last edited by msgvb; 04-11-2008 at 07:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I had it once on a GT with a long top tube. Turns out my arms were locking out while I rode along. This caused me elbow pain. So are your arms locked out while riding?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I didn't think so, but I've been more conscious of it lately and am catching myself close to it.

WTF
    mine do...but that is probably from a combination of riding and lifting weights. you may want to try a carbon handle bar. no personal experience, but it is supposed to dampen some vibration therefore take stress of of your joints
    Dont wait, procrastinate now!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    seems a bit closer attention to riding posture and geometry's helping with this.
    closing up the cockpit a bit with a shorter stem and set back seatpost for more comfortable pedal position help with my trail bike. similarly with my little hybrid road rig, as well -- still need to get my bars a little higher, though.

anyway, definitely related to locking out my arms, as you were saying Rocky. didn't even realize I was doing it -- I wasn't fully locking, but it was close enough. the adjustments made things more comfortable.

spartan -- out of curiosity, do you do straight bar curls when you're doing arms? great for blasting the bi's, no doubt, but kills my elbows in the same way I'm posting about.