Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Soooooooooo I guess I hang out in here now?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Redriderpro 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Pretty freaky having a vid of your moment of breakage

I don't know, if I had a vid of when I fell backwards off that ladder and broke my wrist I bet I wouldn't want to watch it even once. Ouch! What do you do with a broken scapula besides just wait it out?

#8 ·
I've been in that painful situation before but it was my ribs

liquidlogic4life said:
XCGUY......You are correct not much I can do but wait it out, they have me in a sling... Hurts to cough, laugh and pretty much just be alive at the moment.
Like you, I couldn't cough, laugh (even though my friends thought that was pretty dam funny), sit up from sitting on a couch, bend over to tie my shoe--bring the pain I said every day. I know it sucks to learn how nice it is to live one's life relatively pain free, from an injury such as yours, but when you do finally get healed you're going to give thanks all the time just to be able to do the normal stuff without wincing. But again, mine was on the front of my chest and yours is back there. Different location same world of hurt.

#9 ·
You'll live, I broken my left one two different times.

Heads up! If you got a harness and it is not tight enough to be uncomfortable, it's not doing much good.

I found that out the hard way and have an "overlap" where it broke because the ER doc did not adjust it tight enough.
Don't laugh or sneeze for a few weeks

Heal fast!

#11 ·
About that harness. Think of it as a "man bra", it went under both arms
and across the chest and was cinched up in the back.

Point was to pull my shoulders back to move the bone in-line.

If the bone is not broke all the way thru, you probably just got the sling.
I had that the first time.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.