mtbr member

Sixth Nerve Palsy

Anybody ever had, or know anybody who has gone through this? I'm three months into this, and still unable to ride. It sucks that the prime riding season is here. The Dr said three to six months before recovery, and as possiblity of side effects not going away at all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Tell us more about this type of condition

I've never heard of it but sounds like it sucks. Are you getting any better? Not riding isn't the worst thing in the world that can happen to you. I was out for 4 months with a broken wrist. Take the long view. Not riding for an entire season or not riding forever.

mtbr member

not yet

Almost 4 months. The bike path is about all I can handle, and only for about 30 minutes. The fluttery vision is buggin the heck out of me. I was told up to 6 months, so looks like I'll be waiting awhile longer.

I've read some of your other posts. Looks like I moved south away form Denver just in time. I can only imagine the over-crowded trails up there now. Although I do miss the well rounded culture unlike the Springs though.

Thanks for asking, should you head to the Springs for a ride let me know - hopefully I'll be riding in a month or two (although slow as all be).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I went to high school in Manitou Springs

Quote Originally Posted by bs101
    Almost 4 months. The bike path is about all I can handle, and only for about 30 minutes. The fluttery vision is buggin the heck out of me. I was told up to 6 months, so looks like I'll be waiting awhile longer.

I've read some of your other posts. Looks like I moved south away form Denver just in time. I can only imagine the over-crowded trails up there now. Although I do miss the well rounded culture unlike the Springs though.

Thanks for asking, should you head to the Springs for a ride let me know - hopefully I'll be riding in a month or two (although slow as all be).
    I know that area. I checked out your profile and that's a lot of great bikes sitting around not being ridden. Are you saying your condition only affects your vision or is it a balance thing? I've never seen this condition discussed on this forum. Did it just come on out of nowhere or a result of some head-banging crash? And is it tough to actually type out responses on your keyboard? And is it known by some other name? When I say "broken wrist" people's ears perk up, when I say "distal radius fracture" they nod off.

It can be real crowded around the Front Range trails but because I'm self-employed I don't have to ride only weekends and early weekdays in the summer are great. If I ever did come down to the Springs to ride with you, don't worry, I'm slow too. Slow and steady. I don't think I'm slow when I'm by myself but my riding partners show me otherwise.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Check with your local acupuncturist. They have success with nerve problems, although it does take time.
    Ask people you know for references, since it can be a flaky field.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I am confused, are you saying you have Bells Palsey?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Not sure who you are talking to, or if you are logged in as a different user than you used to post in this thread...
    No, not saying that (at least I am not).

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    yep, i am def confused sorry guys

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

This link explains his condition

http://www.eyemdlink.com/Condition.asp?ConditionID=412

Hope this link works, I'm kind of new at this.

Anyway, it says the condition has a real good chance of clearing up, so that's good news. Gotta just wait it out I guess.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    interesting, I came down with Bells Palsey 7 years ago and screwed up my eye big time. I had to tape my eye shut at night when i went to sleep. I could not blink so when I tried to blink my eyeball would roll in back of my head, so you saw white. I never heard of the one you have.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rornosyseby View Post
    Articles for Only $1! All the articles are delivered as specified on the website The $1 articles are spun and are quality enough to be posted on your site and even gain traffic The $3 articles are handwritten 100% copyscape passed You just pick the keyword, and we provide content faster than most services online 1dollararticle com/how-to-get-noticed-with-terrific-content-writing/] here
    GTFO, really?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett