Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shoulder pain... Correct carrying position!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  iviguy 
#1 ·
I had to carry my bike up some hills and it was a real pain... Any recovery tips? I tried massaging it, I wanna go see a doctor about it. :(

But deep inside this post, what is the correct possition of carrying a bike? Do we really need shoulder cushions? Where to buy it if is that case? :confused:

Please tell me, cause I don't want to bruise myself again... :eek:

PS: Please provide photos of the possition of liftting and carrying it...

#2 ·
derwin.lau said:
I had to carry my bike up some hills and it was a real pain... Any recovery tips? I tried massaging it, I wanna go see a doctor about it. :(

But deep inside this post, what is the correct possition of carrying a bike? Do we really need shoulder cushions? Where to buy it if is that case? :confused:

Please tell me, cause I don't want to bruise myself again... :eek:

PS: Please provide photos of the possition of liftting and carrying it...
I think the bike is designed to carry the rider, not the other way around.... :nono:

But should you have to carry the bike, put one hand under the saddle nose area and lift the bike up to shoulder height. Use your other hand to stabilize the front of the bike. If you lock your arm there shouldn't be much weight realized unless you have a really heavy bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.