Thread: Shoulder brace

mtbr member

Shoulder brace

I've had problems with subluxing my shoulder in the past. I did the PT for it and it certainly has helped but it still happens. I'm gonna keep working on it too. Usually its pretty good but sometimes it just happens almost randomly. My biggest fear is that it will happen riding and cause a big crash (especially while DHing). Does anyone have any experience with using a shoulder brace and riding? I saw the EVS ones and they seemed like the might help but any recommendations or experiences would be good.

EVS Sports

Thanks

conjoinicorned
    I use an evs sbo2, I only wear mine on big DH days. It gets really, really, really hot...but it really gives me confidence. I started using it after my AC repair, so I can't say if it helped with the subluxation but honestly the mental help alone is worth it to me. There is real support there, it puts a lot of (good) pressure on the area.

Did I mention it gets crazy hot?
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

Cheesiest
    I've dislocated my shoulder and have had problems with subluxation. I have one of these OmoTrain® - Active support for early functional treatment of the shoulder joint-Bauerfeind USA on the way after being fitted. I don't ride much DH, but I plan to wear it kayaking.
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member
    Thanks for the advice. Let me know how the OmoTrain works out for you. I think I'm still leaning towards the EVS since there's a lot of good reviews out there for it. The body armor I have is pretty breathable to hopefully that balances out the getting hot part.

Any thought on the sb02 vs 03? Just looks a little more adjustable but maybe a bit less breathable.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I ride with a buddy of mine who used an OmoTrain and it worked pretty well. Only complaint was that it wore out pretty quick. I usually get my braces from BraceAbility just cause they were the most helpful when I called in and asked a million questions. My buddy also didn't have any problems really riding with a brace I think it was uncomfortable at first but then got better.
    Good luck man!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by intheways View Post
    I've dislocated my shoulder and have had problems with subluxation. I have one of these OmoTrain® - Active support for early functional treatment of the shoulder joint-Bauerfeind USA on the way after being fitted. I don't ride much DH, but I plan to wear it kayaking.
    X2 for the baurfeind brace. Their stuff is top notch. I have experience w/ their knee supports. Never shoulder but imagine it is awesome. As awesome as a shoulder brace can be :-p

Cheesiest
    I just got my Baurfeind after 4 months of insurance bs. It seems top notch. I've got a knee brace on the way!
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    just picked up an EVS SB03...got it on ebay for $38 shipped. for the price, you cant beat it. seems to offer a fair amount of support and seems to be super adjustable. oh, and i bought this for my grade III ac separation

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Nice! Have you had a chance to ride with it yet?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I havent quite yet. It actually came in yesterday hah. However, I did wear it to the gym and it did seem to offer some support. Its nice to have some pressure on the shoulder. I will update once I get the chance to ride with it. its only been 11 days since Ive separated my AC, so it will probably be another week or two before I head back to the mountain. Had great reviews online tho, and for the price you really cant beat it