Thread: Should I do it?

mtbr member

Should I do it?

I'm going nuts not riding. Broke my wrist Dec 30 and still not riding. My range of motion is still limited and I haven't started any serious PT. So..I'm thinking of getting a brace and doing some light XC. But it could be bad news if I spill. So what would you guys do?

conjoinicorned
    you have 2 choices:

ride now, and take a chance of wrecking, and possibly not riding again for an entire season or even *gasp* ever again.

suck it up for a couple weeks, do some serious PT, and when you come back you'll be as good as ever and able to ride how you wanna.

i pick #2. i've had a couple season ending injuries...no fun dude!
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Dude, its almost April !!! I broke my left forearm(a plate and six screws) and dislocated my wrist on July, 06. Cast came off on September 4th and 2 weeks after I was riding. You need to seriously start working on that wrist before the tendons freeze up...you need to break down all the scar tissue. Did you have surgery? Any hardware put in?

Although Im not quite 100% yet, I am just about there. As ferday said, you need to suck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself and start some serious PT on that wrist!
    does it have two wheels?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhil
    Dude, its almost April !!! I broke my left forearm(a plate and six screws) and dislocated my wrist on July, 06. Cast came off on September 4th and 2 weeks after I was riding. You need to seriously start working on that wrist before the tendons freeze up...you need to break down all the scar tissue. Did you have surgery? Any hardware put in?

Although Im not quite 100% yet, I am just about there. As ferday said, you need to suck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself and start some serious PT on that wrist!

Who said anything about feeling sorry for myself? And I'm doing what I can to get in PT. When say serious PT I mean professional. But I'll admit, I could push myself harder. I had surgery and some TI put in. But my gut says I should chill till I'm almost 100%. I'm nearing it! I started my own thing in the meantime.

mmm bacon

if you have to ask

You know the answer. It sucks. I just threw a leg over the new DH bike today, and I can to a sudden realization. The doctor lied there is no way that i'll be downhiling by May, unless my knee gets real good real soon.

mtbr member
    sux huh! Sorry about your knee. I jacked my wrist up DH. I plan to start back into riding with XC first. To make it worse, I need a new bike! I was doing some wrenching on my trail bike and noticed a small crack in the frame..doh! Oh well, I wanted a new bike and here's the excuse, hehe. But you're right, I know the answer...hate to admit it though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I took a mean spill in September (knee and thumb). I allowed my friends to "pressure me" into riding before it was time. The first "ride" set me back two weeks. The "second ride"..... even though the ride went well, I reaggrivated my injury! Four additional weeks on the sideline!!! I set myself back SIX WEEKS for what? Heal up!!!