mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Serious medical question: Does/can biking a lot cause "blockages?"

I'm talking about in the testes. I have some right side pain. I'm hoping I don't have something serious, of course, but I have a radiating soreness in my otherwise perfect right ball. Does anybody else who ride get this? It feels normal upon self examination, and is not painful to the touch, but it is a mild to fairly uncomfortable pulsing style pain which surround the area and goes up into the stomach a little. Not crippling pain, yet, just like a slightly pulsating ache. Would not surprise me if it were a "blockage" or something. I will get it checked out, but I wanted to hear from people on here if their biking habits had ever caused anything like this.

I'm weary about going to the Doctor for two main reasons.

A. He is kind of a family friend in a way. I have only seen him once outside of the office, but our women are friends and we have soimehwat crossed that line.

B. I'm afraid of seeing Tyler Derdin in a support group and having to hug him to make him feel better. (I don't want any really bad news)

mtbr member
    Get it checked, doc should be professional about it. Or see another doc. Could be lots of things, I have had it happen, doc checks it says it is a cyst or tubes are sore etc. not a big deal but I'll be dammed if I'm not getting it checked, ignoring it and waiting on a diagnosis here is a mistake. Get it checked,