mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Ruptured ACL with Meniscus Damage!

Hey guys i ruptured my ACL and damaged my meniscus on my very first trail on December 30. I had bought my bike 3 days prior to that and now its in my office looking at me everyday.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

mtbr member

... and if we just ... how this happened?

Hello Artoledo

When you said ACL do you mean Acromio Clavicular Ligaments ?, How did you injuried that way in your first ride man? I am also broke my ACL January the first but I was riding a very thecnical trail we used to ride for fun, this time my front wheel got stuck betwen to rocks and trying tomanage the situation I end up crushing my shoulder.
    Here is a picture of my shirt
    Good look and be patient
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ^^^ ouch to both of you! warrior, i'm sure he means anterior cruciate ligamant, aka ACL. it's a stabilizing ligament in the knee.

artoledo i'm so sorry about your injury. it was your first trail ride? that's rotten luck! i hope you heal fast & i hope you aren't too scared away. how did you wreck?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yeah guys its my Anterior Cruciate Ligament. The funny thing is that it was a freak accident. I got of my bike to walk around some mud and when i set my bike down i didnt realize the rear tire was in mud. When i went to push off on the pedal the tire spun out, hyperextending my knee and tearing it up. It was heartbreaking being my first trail and all but i am not discouraged at all. i am ready to get back on my saddle and start riding again. I am going to attempt to ride my bike on Sunday to regain some muscle strength. I am not going to ride hard, just some light riding on some high gears and we will see what happens. If anybody is in the Miami area and wants to ride with me to help me back up, i would appreciate it.

Wooo YEAAAH!
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Midle Age Warrior
    Hello Artoledo

When you said ACL do you mean Acromio Clavicular Ligaments ?, How did you injuried that way in your first ride man? I am also broke my ACL January the first but I was riding a very thecnical trail we used to ride for fun, this time my front wheel got stuck betwen to rocks and trying tomanage the situation I end up crushing my shoulder.
    Here is a picture of my shirt
    Good look and be patient
    Man...that looks bad.

I feel for you. I had that happen too but not that bad.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by artoledo
    Yeah guys its my Anterior Cruciate Ligament. The funny thing is that it was a freak accident. I got of my bike to walk around some mud and when i set my bike down i didnt realize the rear tire was in mud. When i went to push off on the pedal the tire spun out, hyperextending my knee and tearing it up. It was heartbreaking being my first trail and all but i am not discouraged at all. i am ready to get back on my saddle and start riding again. I am going to attempt to ride my bike on Sunday to regain some muscle strength. I am not going to ride hard, just some light riding on some high gears and we will see what happens. If anybody is in the Miami area and wants to ride with me to help me back up, i would appreciate it.
    DAMN!!

Check it our new product for the knees while you're injured they may help you for now:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpro...butionsQQhtZ-1