Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    shredding_whilst_disabled
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    There are hydraulic mixers out there in MTB parts land. You can have one lever control both, and adjust the amount of front/rear bias. It would be better than trying to modulate two levers at once with one hand.

I have seen it years ago on a bike at a trail-head. The guy riding it had two arms, but only a right hand. He had a funky custom socket harness on the left, and a ball attachment mounted to the handlebar. He admitted he could not ride hardcore but he was happy to be on the bike on hard trails.
    Yeah I considered that but I heard they were a nightmare to bleed and maintain. The two lever to finger option is far superior in my opinion though. After all how can you Scandinavian flick if you've only got one lever?!

the half breed devil
    1999: impaled my left palm on a tiny piece of twig while riding at boggs mountain, part of which remained in my palm--which i rode and raced with three more months until it began to work its way out the other side whereupon i had to have it surgically removed. a weird, greasy, nasty ball formed around the twig fragment and started to pop out the other side of my hand. my boss made me go to the doctor when the pus started to run.

shattered two fingers on my left hand and fractured my wrist when a carload full of bridge-and-tunnel thugs made a U-turn in front of me in 2000. instinctively tucking has its hazards...

dislocated and fractured my right shoulder last weekend. this one is frustrating; i lost my momentum in a trail dip, stalled, tipped over and down into the waiting arms of one of california's many oily, fire hazard, non-native eucalyptus trees.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

Roll Call - What's your most serious injury?

Doing a 6 hour race as a two man team. Literally 30 seconds away from being done with my first stint. Ran out of talent and hit a tree. 7 broken ribs, pneumothorax, 10 days in the hospital, 7 titanium plates later. Back on the bike after 8 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magically Delicious
    No coughing, no sneezing, no laughing, no farting. Rib recovery is wonderful.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    No coughing, no sneezing, no laughing, no farting. Rib recovery is wonderful.
    I had surgery to have the breaks plated so really the only healing is from the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shredding_whilst_disabled
    Sep 2017
    Ho. Lee. Crap.

the half breed devil
    reading and typing in this thread while contorting myself to ease the almost constant, 2.4/10 pain i'm dealing with is certainly not going to end well...

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    New guy here, also an emergency medical responder so of course this is the first thread I reply in. LOL

Nothing a serious as many of you guys but it still hurt: My worst was 6 bruised ribs, 3 cracked. I was training for BMX racing and went to clear the doubles. Went nose heavy and came up short. Caught the monster bars right in the torso and went down like a sack of hammers. Took awhile to breathe again, ended up with 4 weeks off the soccer field, 6 weeks off the gridiron but I was back on the bike in 1 week.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789