Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Broken ribs are way over rated. I have had plenty of broken ribs and don't even count them as an injury. So you can't breathe deeply thats about it. You could ride your bike anytime. If you fell off and broke them did you walk out or did you get back on and ride? There is your answer about 30 seconds off the bike and you can ride again. I have broken one finger 3 times in a short amount of time and just taped it to the next one and kept racing MX ( did 3 more motos'). I broke my hand twice and never missed a beat on anything. It was swollen 3 times its size and it never stopped me from doing anything even finishing concrete. Sure it is painful. I guess the question is how long before you quit whinning about your injury before you get back to what you love doing. Guess it comes down to how much of a wimp ya are. I am not taking cheap shots at anyone just stating that unless something is snapped like a leg or arm, it is nothing to loose saddle time over if you a hardcore enthusiast.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everybody has one and they usually stink.

Another festivus MIRACLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by EscourtU
    Broken ribs are way over rated. I have had plenty of broken ribs and don't even count them as an injury. So you can't breathe deeply thats about it. You could ride your bike anytime. If you fell off and broke them did you walk out or did you get back on and ride? There is your answer about 30 seconds off the bike and you can ride again. I have broken one finger 3 times in a short amount of time and just taped it to the next one and kept racing MX ( did 3 more motos'). I broke my hand twice and never missed a beat on anything. It was swollen 3 times its size and it never stopped me from doing anything even finishing concrete. Sure it is painful. I guess the question is how long before you quit whinning about your injury before you get back to what you love doing. Guess it comes down to how much of a wimp ya are. I am not taking cheap shots at anyone just stating that unless something is snapped like a leg or arm, it is nothing to loose saddle time over if you a hardcore enthusiast.

You're my hero!!!!
    "If an illegal alien is an undocumented immigrant, than a drug dealer is an unlicensed pharmicist."

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    No not you MtnMasher. It was to Dave who was saying something about Gangbangers and to much testosterone and talking to his kid.
    I agree with you, completley!

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Do I need to say more ?? (About bragging) ??

Quote Originally Posted by mcseforsale
    Here's the broke stuff:
    6 broken noses (got to the point where my eyes would barely blacken any more)

4 concussions.....I think

3 broken toes (big toes are the worse!)

2 bad rotator cuffs

1 elbow hyper-extends everyonce in a while

1 undiagnosed (for 10 years) shoulder separation

Major dental issues with cracked teeth that have aged (i'm 35 now) which are starting to require caps...i'm at 9 or 10 crowns now.

Here's the stupid suff:
    front chainring tooth through the nailbed of my index finger...scraped around the bone..out the other side (kids...don't spin the cranks backwards with your fingers!)

while "surfing" (one foot on handlebar, one on seat) fell down and landed on my right hand..on top of the brake caliper. the caliper arm where the cable was secured sent through the fat part of my hand and out the top...took a few seconds to figure out why the bike was stuck to me when I tried to get up..

fell down while doing a quick spin, handlebar into the gut...bruised some internal organs, peed blood for a day.

Hung up on the coping during a show and cut my hackysak on the stem...bled for hours.

shins look like a bad bondo job on a rusted pickup

On the mountain bike:

3 broken ribs

bruised hip (got knocked off the bike at about 20 mph from the hip...took me 5 min. to regain my breath)

I'm much more cautious on the MTB these days...got 2 kids and 1 on the way. HOWEVER, I just finished building an urban/FR/DJ hardtail....Here we go again....

AJ

As I said, and so many have provided proof. "Who's "bragging" ?? I'm glad you all have insurance to cover your rehab. I don't, I'm self employed and can't even afford a $10,000 deductable policy at my age.
    Last edited by onbelaydave; 09-16-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Team Blindspot
    Last edited by S-Works; 09-16-2006 at 08:55 PM.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    10 years and many trees later this is the worst

thumbing my way1.jpg

Broken thumb as my first post hope im not bragging but...
    ive been riding harder and more often than ever this year. I've never loved riding more and now this...
    what do you guys do with yourself while healing?
    i think i may go nuts...maybe only after the percocet runs out
    Ironicly, not that it would have prevented this injury, I just ordered armour today! will get it tuesday
    certainly if i had forearm pads i may have been more willing to use those rather than my hand and thumb but thats just speculation who knows?
    also i just cant get the sound of the POP! my bone made when it broke out of my head...

ok i think thats enough

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by EscourtU
    Broken ribs are way over rated. I have had plenty of broken ribs and don't even count them as an injury. So you can't breathe deeply thats about it. You could ride your bike anytime. If you fell off and broke them did you walk out or did you get back on and ride? There is your answer about 30 seconds off the bike and you can ride again.
    When you least expect it, expect it...

- Was coming down a hill 4 years ago and a bee flew into my right ear and bit me. All happened in less than a second. Instinctively, I reached up to swat at the bee in my ear and lost control of the bike. Landed on my left rib cage on the bar and broke 3 ribs. The inside of my ear was swollen for a couple of days. Ribs were tender for months. I was on the bike again the next day, but was careful to ride with my upper body as relaxed as possible and not pull on the handlebars with that side of the body while climbing for the first few weeks. Sleeping in bed at night was pretty uncomfortable for months. But 6 months to a year later - all was well.

BB

mtbr member
    I got this funky frame yesterday and threw parts on it last night. Ever get the feeling that your worst injury is ABOUT to happen? I will reply in a couple of days If I can still move my limbs.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everybody has one and they usually stink.

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator

Roll call on your most serious injury...

What happened(pictures please)?

What broke?

How long were you out? Are you back riding yet?

How's your riding now? Any long-term effects?

How much did it cost you?

How's the bike?

francois
    Last edited by fc; 09-19-2006 at 06:45 PM.
    IPA will save America

The Uber Carnivore

Broken wrist at Downieville

In '97.

Finished the downhill several hours later with just my right arm/rear brake.

It hurt real fockin' bad.

Cut Casing Whisperer
    Downieville here too. Broken arm. Preriding the course for the DH race. I had trained for this specific race for months. My riding partner - with whom I was at a similar level - took a first....

I hiked up with a duct-taped, stick splint The look on the other course preriders as they went past me... priceless. I was the omen of doom

I am hoping this week I am coming back. 8 weeks is torture.

ALL of my broken bones injuries happen while JRA. (but after some intense workout) I let the mind slip and - BAM!

Thank you for MTBR as being a crack...er... MTB-head these forums have really gottem me through - with the help of a little upgraditis of course.

P

spinnin-n-grinnin
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by canine
    Went over the bars 3 years ago, fractured C 4-7 and T 6 (and my helmet). Haven't ridden(or walked) since. Still like to come here for the stories and photos tho.
    This is the kind of injury that really scares me. All the injuries I've had have healed and left me with scars, but basically unchanged. Pain sucks but you forget it when it goes away. Nice the way our brain works. But to end up with a permanent physical limitation from a mtb wreck would really suck.

I just saw a rig like this in a mag

Going too fast and wrecking over and over is easy. Getting back on the trail when your legs don't work, now that takes real guts.

The Uber Carnivore

revised thread

Can we change this thread to worst D-ville crash/injury? The Downhill has claimed many victims.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Loss control of the bike coming down a hill and went OTB.

What broke?
    Cracked L shoulder blade, 2-3 degree separated L shoulder

6-7 weeks and yes, I'm back riding again.

Still riding the same way, maybe a bit faster. I'm scared of loose rocky downhills now. It's in my head. The shoulder is still sore and I can't bring my arm up high behind my head.

About $500 with out of pocket expenses for ER, Doc visits, and Physical Therapy.

How's the bike?
    Taco'ed the front wheel and broke my helmet.

BTW, glad to see you're back Francois. The photo was taken the night it happend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now... harder to kill.
    Hit by truck while riding mtb on the street.

Broken helmet, concussion, separated shoulder, roadrash.

Out for eight weeks, but rode immediately after that.

My head is still a bit jumbled and I have a funny bone spur in the shoulder.

It cost me nothing because I was on the clock and Workers Comp covered it.

The bike needed new handlebar, seat, pedal, and grip.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

I'm a dog person
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Punk
    Can we change this thread to worst D-ville crash/injury? The Downhill has claimed many victims.
    You can just start a new thread.
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Was "supposed" to be an easy SS ride. I "thought" I was taking the easy "safe" line down a hill. Unknown to me heavy rain had made a nice smooth drop into a 3' vertical. Not a problem on a geared suspension bike when you know its coming, something else on a SS and catching you by suprise. 8' out and 8' down I landed on rocks, 3rd degree seperation on the right shoulder, taco'd front wheel, other minor damage. 2 weeks to the day I was back out riding, couldn't bunnyhop and big hits hurt like heck, but I had a grin because I was riding!
    AKA: Slowfatguy

conjoinicorned
    60 km/h into a 25' double over a creek, had jumped successfuly twice already. washed front tire before the double, header into the creek. 3rd degree separation of the AC joint, my third one in as many years so in for surgery i go. thankfully no cost, i love canada sometimes! bike was ok scratched but rideable, still my DH rig.

1 year later, back on the bike. no more big drops and jumps, shoulder is not (and likely never will be) the same. just don't have the strenght (mental or physical!). oh well, now i have an excuse to train for SS racing and i've gotten some serious vertical in epic rides this year...

this is my 3rd season ending injury (previously broken elbow and other AC separation) but first time i had to miss an entire season of riding (surgery in february, back on bike in september which is end of season up here)
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

President of the Internet

Internal bleeding

My most life threatening injury was a ruptured spleen. "i was just riding around..."

There was a small 2 foot drop with a one foot transition landing in front of my college apartment. I did the little hit often. One time while fooling around I came down heavy on the front wheel and the tube pinch-flated and i can down hard on the pavement. My elbow or the handlebars got me right in the spleen.

I felt like the wind got knocked out of me, but the feeling wouldn't go away, and I got pale and started to black out. Luckily my GF took me to the ER or I would have internally bleed to death on my couch.

I was in the ICU for 5 days and had a catheter (horrible experience!).

Usually they have to operate and take spleens out when the rupture because they won't stop bleeding on their own. Luck for me, I am/was a mountain biker in great physical shape. The doc said being in excellent shape helped my body recover on its own and I still have my spleen to this day!

it probably took me 2 months to recover. I lost like 2 liters of blood & was very feeble for a while. All in all, it wasn't THAT painful. The catheter hurt worse.

I've also dislocated both shoulders. Not at the same time thankfully. And for all you guys with shoulder separations: TAKE CARE OF YOUR SHOULDERS!! - if you don't do the rehab it will only get worse. I know!

I'm a dog person
    There were several "worst injury" threads so I merged them and made the resulting thread a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by canine
    Went over the bars 3 years ago, fractured C 4-7 and T 6 (and my helmet). Haven't ridden(or walked) since. Still like to come here for the stories and photos tho.
    Sorry, canine, that's a bad one, but I'm glad you're still part of the community. I'd like to hear the details of the crash and your recovery if you don't mind. Seems like there are a lot of back injuries, myself included:

In March of 2000, I was riding an easy singletrack (flat, nontechnical, dry) the day after a windy storm. The end of my bar caught a downed tree that was covered with foliage. After the crash, I had to hike out and wave down a motorist to help me get my bike in my truck so I could drive to the hospital (funny how a broken collar bone limits how much you can do with your good arm). I must have looked like Buffalo Bob b/c every car that went by had a lone woman in the car who would stop for a moment and then pull away after I told them my story. Finally, the fourth car stopped (after about 30 minutes). Another woman was by herself so I figured she'd drive away, too, as she looked very apprehensive. She had two big black labs with her and I told that she could let her dogs out to watch me and I'd stand a good ways away from her until she had my bike in my truck and was back in her car. Thankfully, she agreed and I was able to drive the half hour to the ER.

What broke?
    Shattered clavicle (four main piecies w/ lots of little bits), dislocated ribs and rotated vertebra...and a broken helmet, but no head injury. Could have been worse!

Off bike for twelve weeks but doc let me ride stationary bike. Had my best racing season that year.

No problems riding. Didn't really affect me even when I first got back on the bike. I had to see the chiropractor for a bit to reset my ribs and fix my spine. Since that couldn't be done while my clavicle was healing, it took awhile b/c my muscles got used to the position of my ribs being out and spine being twisted (my ribs kept popping out and vertebra kept rotating). Dealing w/ the spasms from that was worse than the broken collar bone.

Nothing, thankfully. Military paid for it all.

How's the bike?

100% after the crash. Sold it the same year I wrecked so I don't know how it is now.
    Last edited by emptybeer; 09-21-2006 at 08:51 PM.
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

aka Dick Dangle
    Broke my Clavical, and my Scapula and bruised my acetabulum (aka my hip socked,)But I still rode back home 4miles . Then I had to have my Hip replaced 3 year's later .
    But the worst part of the crash was, It happen at the very end of the trail .

South San Jo in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Punk
    Yeah me as well. Within the first half mile of singltrack, I went down and broke my right hand. Which meant no rear brakes or hits of any kind. Whiiiiiiiich.... meant riding back up and down the highway to meet up with the group for pizza.

Fortunately, they had just gotten there, and had a pitcher of Sierra waiting for me.

My hand is fine now, actually, it was pretty much fine after about a week and a half. Only lasting thing, when a make a loose fist, my right pinky finger bends about 45 degrees in, crossing my ringfinger. Kinda wierd, but kinda cool to show off.

Almost as cool as the bone lump that used to be my right colarbone. Note to future riders.... (I was young....) When you are on a ride and it gets hot, don't take off your sweatshirt and stuff it in your waterbottle cage just before a quick and rough downhill section. (I still don't remember most of that day.)

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Ouch

First wreck on road bike. Downhill 25-30 mph, front wheel came off{jsut got it out of shop and they forgot to tighten it and i did as well} flipped on front forks snapped in half so instead of riding on my wheel decided it woul dbe good to ride about 25 feet on my face {first time not wearing a helmet} ripped right ear off of head tore all skin from right side of face...plastic surgery 14 month recovery...cant tell today...

yesterday mt. biking fo rthe fourth time pedal strap broke on a down hill left turn...cracked 4 ribs...

If you haven't seen this...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

bicycletech

the worst crash i ever had was two months ago, i broke six ribs,(combo of both sides) a fractured scapula,(shoulder blade) in three places and was in a coma for four days. i am still out of work and i haven't ridden since crash.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    On Sept. 3rd, I managed to fall off a log bridge about 6 to 8 feet onto some sharp rocks. The bridge has logs running lengthwise. My front wheel slipped on the curved surface of one of the logs causing me to veer left and over the side of the bridge.

I landed squarely on a sharp rock, just below the knee, causing a "tibial plateau fracture" in two places. Luckily, I think, the bones weren't displaced enough to where I needed any hardware, at least not yet. I'm in a full length cast now. No weight bearing for 2 months, and no work (my kind) for 4 months.

I'm having second thoughts about mountain biking at this point. It's just too risky, considering my line of work where I have to be 100%. I can't afford to be off work for 4 months, plus I'm bored as hell!

Don't write off MTBing all together. Just know your limits. Stay off of risky logs & jumps.

"Its not wrong for a man to have limitations. Its wrong for a man not to know his limitations."

I'm sure most MTB dads out there can attest to decreasing their risk & still having fun.

mtbr member

Let's see...

Separated my right shoulder going otb. Tweaked my left shoulder on a botched landing so bad I thought it was broken (nauseous and dizzy afterwards but it was fine). Tweaked my right ankle pretty bad overshooting a landing to flat. Slammed my wrists multiple times, the worst requiring me to wear a brace for a week. Lots of skin lost, some deep gouges, etc.

Worst one? Truck hit me in April, broke my tibia and fibula, messed up my ankle and my knee as well. Now have a ti rod from knee to ankle and sometimes some real good knee pain.

The other night, I landed a drop wrong and pile-drived my right shoulder into the ground...also ended up with a nasty bruise on my leg that made me limp for the last two days.

I love riding! Wouldn't trade it for the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Second ride out...was still learning that one shouldn't use the front brake on descents, but that the back brake is a good thing...

Going too fast, hit a boulder, OTB into the rock with my head and face. Thank God I was wearing a helmet. Unfortunately, I lost 3 front teeth out of the deal. So, that made me a full-face convert. Lots of scrapes and OTB's since then, but now I have armor!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Oh, and I almost forgot, thank God for good dentists and insurance!

2006 Yeti AS-X
    The worst injury I got was back in July, 2006 got a separated left shoulder on a slideout on a wet wooden bridge.

Will work 4 Fisher's
    Jun 2006
    Never had a really "serious" injury from mtn. biking. I can remember though once when I was 8 or so I was coming downhill and didn't notice the sand at the bottom and...well, you can see where I'm going. Ended up with a nice huge scrape up my bicep and I think I almost broke my arm. And then a couple weeks ago at Pontiac Lake (for those of you in SE MI) I was coming downhill (again). Went up on a ledge, down off the ledge, front wheel started wobbling like hell and I couldn't control it. Slid across the gravel for about 5 feet and scraped up my entire left side, both knees, and broke my bike computer. It hurt to do much. Still have a nice scar on my side. Couple weeks after that I went back to Pontiac Lake and was coming downhill (yet again) and hit a rock, which caused me to hit a small tree, which, in turn, caused me to hit the ground. No gravel this time, different spot. No major damage, but my left ankle hurt for about a week. First thing I noticed when I got up was that my bike, previously facing down the hill (where I was going) was now facing up the hill. I'm oblivious to how that happened.

Will work 4 Fisher's
    Jun 2006
    [QUOTE=Arqueous]{first time not wearing a helmet} ripped right ear off of head tore all skin from right side of face...plastic surgery 14 month recovery...cant tell today...[QUOTE]

I believe that's called Murphy's Law...

Tdub
    Split open my head and dropped my brain on the floor once. No long lasting damage that I can *%$*^!!~@
    "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"-Vincent Van Gogh

Supremely Unco-ordinated
    Scariest injury was when I fell off a skinny, and piled headfirst into the ground, compressing my spine. I couldn't walk properly for a month or so, and had to have back Xrays. Basically laid up in bed for weeks, and hobbling round like an old man when I had to move...

The potentially permanent injuries (spinal / head) are the worst as far as I'm concerned!!

Also the usual DH injuries of fractured ribs, and legs being shredded by grubscrew pedals... nothing too serious there luckily

I was also riding DH one day without goggles, and got hit in the eye without warning by a thin branch, thought I'd damaged my eye after the painful jab, but after coming to a stop, realised it had just ripped the contact lens out of my eye, probably saving me from PAINFUL scratches across the centre of the eye!!
    Post your youtube mountain bike videos and they'll be included in our interactive World MTB video map!

Sweet
    Ouch!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

broken clavical

Well my worst just happened about 4 months ago i was riding a paved trail and right off of it theres a ramp i would say about 6 feet vertical bmx dirt i hit it with my 21 year old bike(older than me) going about 25 and i overshot it by about 10 feet and when i landed my bike gave out (the spokes just crumpled) and i walked away with what i thought was a dislocated shoulder becasue i could move it front to back touching my chest and my shoudlerblade. but of coruse when my mom picks me up she tells me it has to be a broken collar bone. she was right 4 differnt places 2 floating bones and 4 months of healing. i was back on my bike in 2 months despite what my mom said.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

hit

goin for a small jump on my street,hit it, when I landed I landed behind the seat and I fell off of the bike, helmet hit the street corner knocked me out. I couldent remember anything, at least thats what my bro said.

Glad to Be Alive
    I guess I am lucky....2 concussions.....a broken finger....and some big bruises from hip to knee
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBro
    I landed squarely on a sharp rock, just below the knee, causing a "tibial plateau fracture" in two places. Luckily, I think, the bones weren't displaced enough to where I needed any hardware, at least not yet. I'm in a full length cast now. No weight bearing for 2 months, and no work (my kind) for 4 months.

I'm having second thoughts about mountain biking at this point. It's just too risky, considering my line of work where I have to be 100%. I can't afford to be off work for 4 months, plus I'm bored as hell!
    I feel your pain on the tibial plateau fracture, I am almost done with 12 weeks of no weight bearing from mine. 1 more week to go. You are very lucky that you didn't have to have surgery, they don't cast you so you really really want to walk. The downside of getting casted though is you can't ride a stationary bike. I have been able to ride for the last 7 weeks. I have a plate and 11 screws holding mine together. You may have to get surgery though to unlock the knee depending on how they casted it and how it healed.

I did mine on a road bike when I got hit by another rider.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    A lot of bumps, cuts, bruises, and blood but nothing serious.

EastBaySteez
    My worst one was when I fliped over the handle bars and chiped my hip, that burned and the doctors couldnt do anything cause it was a small chip. They thought it was funny though when the poked it and I screamed. I almost lost my pinky finger when my finger got caught in the chain.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Dwon in OC

This was a few years ago right when I stopped riding. Just recently started up again and still riding my good ole trusty Trek, although I'm getting ready to buy a full suspension bike. I fist started riding back in 1988 or 87, and had a Diamondback, then rode alot in North Carolina when i was in the army. I used to never wear a helmet, stupid i know but hell i was indestructible, so I went riding back in 1998 with a friend in Santiago Canyon and he insisted I wore a helmet. I did and have not regretted it. Since I had no suspension I was flying down a fire road, caught a little air, and came down on a small rock that caused the front tire to wash out. I went over the handle bars and went head and shoulder first into a nice sized boulder. No head injury but spained the shoulder and broke 3 ribs. Painful but definantly taught me about helmets. If I hadn't had one I'd propbably be sucking my dinner through a straw.............

asa
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

best visual

Wow, some impressive/scary stuff here! So this isn't my worst, but it photographed well. I called my husband from the Clinic in D-ville after impailing my knee on a stick coming down Butcher. What does he bring? Tequilla? Nope. Camera. Enjoy.

Only Slightly Peeved
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail

Gahhhh ---- I hate heights. This gave me the willies just watching even BEFORE anything happened.

Exploreur de Citée

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Sliding 5 metres down the UNSW foot path...

Worst injury I ever had was sliding down 5 metres, ejected off the bike...

It aws in today arvo I went downhill from school to home down the UNSW, I fell off due to cornering. It was raining heavily today. The thing I was dumb about was that I fell twice in a row!

The first one, I fell due to speed and over bent, I should have learnt a lesson at the first one... But I was so ridiculous, I fell a second time too just 10 metres off another turn!

I hurt my back, and my arm, lucky I wore gloves and long sleves jacket... (Of course... I wore a helmet) Bruises all over my both legs, one fell from the right... The other turn the left...

So for today, I learnt to NOT do cornering in wet weather, speed doesn't matter. I should be more careful next time...

Just a few tips to beginer riders... Beware skids... The bad thing is that I scratch my handle grip. Lucky all parts are intact, including frame.

Recovery tips if you don't mind? I got bruises over my arm and upper legs... Tried massaging it so far...

PS: Precisely, my back wheel skided...
    D.Xenotime

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    I feel your pain on the tibial plateau fracture, I am almost done with 12 weeks of no weight bearing from mine. 1 more week to go. You are very lucky that you didn't have to have surgery, they don't cast you so you really really want to walk. The downside of getting casted though is you can't ride a stationary bike. I have been able to ride for the last 7 weeks. I have a plate and 11 screws holding mine together. You may have to get surgery though to unlock the knee depending on how they casted it and how it healed.

I did mine on a road bike when I got hit by another rider.
    I got my cast off, and I am riding a stationary bike with no resistance. My knee is messed up for sure. I can straighten it almost all the way, and was able to bend it to 114 degrees after a lot of warming up at PT. My tibia is indented a good 3/4" as compared to my other leg. My doc isn't saying much. He said he'll know if it needs surgery in 1 to 2 months. Damn docs are so busy you can't get a word in edgewise! I wish they would have done the surgery right off the bat. I guess he didn't because the fracture was "open", and he was worried about infection. I'm afraid I'll never be able to walk normally with the way my leg is now.

EastBaySteez
    Omg.... what did you do?!
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

When in doubt, go faster
    Worst injury, jammed wrist trying to negotiate with a curb.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ive fractured my collarbone and had 20 stitches in my leg and btw im 14 yrs old

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast