mtbr member
    Apr 2008

riding with a cast

ok..I bust my wrist in mtb race in tennessee 2 weeks ago...took the bar to the doctor and I got a cast set to hold my bar....and have been riding the road bike every day....has anyone raced a mtb with a wrist cast?? I have a race next week in KY. I have ridden the singlespeed since then but not on singletrack.
    Any thoughts?.......

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I'd say you're nuts

I applaud your willingness to ride with a broken wrist...but maybe you don't have the kind of broken wrist I had. The last thing I would have been able to do was ride a bike. It just hurt like a sonofab!tch if I turned it the wrong way. On the other hand, your wrist may not be as badly broken as mine was and you could actually do it. If the doc says go for it it's your call. I can't believe he would, though.
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-13-2008 at 04:10 PM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have a good relationship with my doc.....he likes us mtb guys who make every effort to exercise, race, keep our weight down and eat right.
    he says I can ride....but was not sure about the gnarly trails..........I am thinking there must be alot of riders there who have ridden with a cast, and was trying to get a feel for waht its like on the singletrack.
    thanks for t he reply