Nice day for a ride.....

Riding after Tonsillectomy?

Just wondering how many other riders have had an adult tonsillectomy and how long it was before they were able to get back on the bike?
    I had the surgery done 5 days ago and am still in quite a bit of pain and on the pain meds. The doctor said I can expect to be off of riding for at least 2 weeks, but I'm looking for a glimmer of hope that I could be back at it sooner.
    Anyone care to share their experience? Any tips on a more speedy recovery? A quick search of the forum turned up nothing for me.

Thanks!
    2011 Cannondale SL4 29er
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I can't say I've ever seen this question on this forum

Yours is definitely a rare case of an adult mountain biker getting a tonsillectomy who checks out Rider Down. Congratulations, you're one in a million! I'm just bumping this thread to the top because I hate to see threads go unreplied. BTW, I had mine out when I was a youngin'.

The only thing I remember is I got to eat a ton of ice cream after. Try it!
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Yours is definitely a rare case of an adult mountain biker getting a tonsillectomy who checks out Rider Down. Congratulations, you're one in a million! I'm just bumping this thread to the top because I hate to see threads go unreplied. BTW, I had mine out when I was a youngin'.

The only thing I remember is I got to eat a ton of ice cream after. Try it!
    Yeah I've been doing the freeze-pop and ice cream thing. I'm finally starting to get better now but have already lost about 13lbs thus far. I'm hoping that I'll be back to 100% in another week. I figured that someone else would have had to have this done but I guess I am one in a million hahaha!
    2011 Cannondale SL4 29er
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

Former MTBR Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack
    Just wondering how many other riders have had an adult tonsillectomy and how long it was before they were able to get back on the bike?
    I had the surgery done 5 days ago and am still in quite a bit of pain and on the pain meds. The doctor said I can expect to be off of riding for at least 2 weeks, but I'm looking for a glimmer of hope that I could be back at it sooner.
    Anyone care to share their experience? Any tips on a more speedy recovery? A quick search of the forum turned up nothing for me.

Thanks!
    You can ride right away, but keep the WOOT to a minimum.*