Real Men Cope

Ride/injury report

Good Morning all. I just wanted to share my injury report with all. It happen before we even left the parking lot I have no idea how but he didn't seem to be bothered by it so we continued to ride our normal loop around the lake. 8 miles later we were packed up and headed to the vet for some 9 staples and a little anesthesia hang over he was home and resting. Unfortunetly this morning (6:30) he's ready for some more runnin' and funnin'.
    My wife is concerned, not that he may pull at the staples or that it may get infected, but that when his hair grows back it may not come in fully. I had to laugh at that. Anyway have a great Christmas all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Savage
    Good Morning all. I just wanted to share my injury report with all. It happen before we even left the parking lot I have no idea how but he didn't seem to be bothered by it so we continued to ride our normal loop around the lake. 8 miles later we were packed up and headed to the vet for some 9 staples and a little anesthesia hang over he was home and resting. Unfortunetly this morning (6:30) he's ready for some more runnin' and funnin'.
    My wife is concerned, not that he may pull at the staples or that it may get infected, but that when his hair grows back it may not come in fully. I had to laugh at that. Anyway have a great Christmas all.
    Its amazing how dogs dont feel pain like we do. My old roommate was trying to cut some tar out of my dogs coat, and accidentally cut into her skin, opening up a 4 inch gash. She acted like it never happened. We had to hold her still in the car to the vet cause she thought she was going to the park. Her wound healed up and the hair grew back so tell your wife not to worry. Its pretty hardcore to have taken her on the 8 mile ride, what did the vet think about that one??
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Savage

Glad that he will be fine. BTW chicks dig scars.

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Glad that he will be fine. BTW chicks dig scars.
    Or in this case, B!tches Dig Scars

Real Men Cope
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Its amazing how dogs dont feel pain like we do. My old roommate was trying to cut some tar out of my dogs coat, and accidentally cut into her skin, opening up a 4 inch gash. She acted like it never happened. We had to hold her still in the car to the vet cause she thought she was going to the park. Her wound healed up and the hair grew back so tell your wife not to worry. Its pretty hardcore to have taken her on the 8 mile ride, what did the vet think about that one??
    Well I don't think the vet believed me, I felt as though they thought it was from abuse. I just shrugged it off. He's almost 2 and I have been taking him riding with me since about 9 months old. I slowly built him up to the 8 miles and I am sure he would be good for about 15 or so. In the summer I usally don't take him it get's to hot and humid. I also don't do the full 8 if he's had a month or two lay off.