trail "cleaner"

recovery time post carpal tunnel release surgery?

July 2nd.. endoscopic carpal tunnel release surgery on right wrist. first week.. zero grip strength and no wrist deflection without some pretty serious pain. Now, 12 days later, it's doing much better with full hand movement and fairly good wrist movement. Left wrist gets taken care of on the 23rd of July. Question to those who may have gone through the same surgery is ..... how long before you began riding your mtn. bikes again??? In order to maintain some fitness, I'm getting saddle time in on our stationary bike. Talk about boring!
    No dabs allowed!

RHRF!

So...

...what was your actual recovery time on this? I'm probably going to get surgery in a couple of week...
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

trail "cleaner"

partial and full recovery times...

Quote Originally Posted by titusbro
    ...what was your actual recovery time on this? I'm probably going to get surgery in a couple of week...
    I was road training in two weeks and back on the mountain (carefully) in a month. I had my wrists done endoscopic and that makes quite a difference. Good luck!
    No dabs allowed!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Make sure your doc is great. The doc that did my mothers' created so much scar tissue it effectively disabled her.