Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Could you get some kind of titanium set up just for mountain biking? Something along the lines of what this guy has? Also you can use various metals to set up an equal weight with the other foot.

Scott Rigsby on a Mountain Bike - YouTube
    Negative Reps Please.

Soy Loco

mtbr member
    HOld your head up bro! This is one of my biggest fears to lose a limb, You sir are a warrior and a true cyclist with a real passion! an inspiration for us all!! Kudos my friend and ride on!
    2013 Specialized P 26 AM green/purple. Nuff said

Giant Faith

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ridealot View Post
    Zarr,

Once your foot is on the pedal the weight won't be such a factor as it will be resting on the pedal and you won't need to be lifting it as with walking. Walking requires 100% load bearing on each step, cycling does not. Don't get discouraged as you have had it less than a full day. In the short term I say get used to walking for now and keep visualizing yourself pedaling and smiling, I really do mean to try to visualize it, for now think bike path then maybe mtb after that.

Keep your chin up and try to be patient for now (I am the worst at being patient, btw)
    2ridealots right, Ive got a super heavy suspension foot made by Osser, and it's still lighter than my OEM foot! It just feels heavy. It all goes away, some days you'll forget you've got it on. BTW I feel more at home on my bike than walking
    And yes, I am on my way to an ass kickin contest

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippledOld Guy View Post
    2ridealots right, Ive got a super heavy suspension foot made by Osser, and it's still lighter than my OEM foot! It just feels heavy. It all goes away, some days you'll forget you've got it on. BTW I feel more at home on my bike than walking
    I appreciate your encouragement.I'll try my best.
    Z
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Riding already?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Not yet.My prosthetic foot is not fitting me correct...so I have to wait til my insurance allows for changes.Until that time, I'm working on my bikes.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    I recently rode in the Tour de Wyoming last season. One guy was missing his leg from the knee down. Older gentleman, probably in his early 60's I am guessing. He wasn't the fastest rider, but he wasn't near the slowest either. Saw him ride 107 miles one day and ride his bike over the Tetons the next. Very inspirational.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarBrahWyo View Post
    I recently rode in the Tour de Wyoming last season. One guy was missing his leg from the knee down. Older gentleman, probably in his early 60's I am guessing. He wasn't the fastest rider, but he wasn't near the slowest either. Saw him ride 107 miles one day and ride his bike over the Tetons the next. Very inspirational.
    Sounds like he likes bikes like you and me.
    You keep riding...I'll keep riding...
    Hey, everybody keep riding.
    Z
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2