Thread: Pulled groin

Who are the brain police?

Pulled groin

I enjoyed an epic ride yesterday on a beautiful day. Post ride I was in some pretty bad pain (down there). I assumed I hit my nuts at the time, but the pain is located in the muscles under there...

Right now I think I pulled the groin muscles. Ouch...

Any advice on recovery/recovery time?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Noob
    I can't remember what I did to 'recover', probably not much. Anyways I pulled mine 5 or so years ago skiing. I can still feel where it happened sometimes, but over time it's been less and less frequent. It almost never bothers me now. Have fun with that.

I would guess just like anything else, especially muscle related. Rest, Ice, Ibuprofen. Stretching, but not too much at first, I would guess would help too.

I highly suggest to take this one seriously because the nicer you are to it, the quicker it will 'go away'. But if not, you could feel it for years to come. Honestly it was never an issue, it juts felt really, really weird.

What did you do? I'm especially asking this because it sounds like you did it JRA? It usually takes some pretty significant force to do it. Even though I had never done it before I knew exactly what I did as soon as I did it and didn't ski for very much longer that day. I was trying rails for the first time that year. I fell off a fairly high one and got one of my skis hung up on it, didn't pop off, and I got suspended in the air by it (on one leg). I couldn't imagine not wrecking and having this happen, or at least not knowing exactly when it happened.

EDIT: You say it's 'under' there, like in your taint? Mine was on my 'groin line' and anyone I've know that's had this happen, it's been right there. You know, right where you leg turns into your 'body'. I would call it 'above' the area you were taking about. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Who are the brain police?
    I really hate this, but thanks for the reply... yeah, its more interior between the legs. And it does feel really weird. Fcuk, maybe I did something else than a groin pull. Its not a place I ever hurt before...

This was a "gave it my all - at all times" kind of ride... flinging myself all over the place. I pushed it so I crashed some and had to throw out my leg at weird angles downslope to stop some crashes...

Ugh...
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Noob
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to tell you, but from what I've experienced and seen/heard, that doesn't sound like a pulled groin. I searched around on Google and found a few good pages about pulled/strained groins. Might want to take a look at those to get an idea if what you have may be that or definitely isn't.

Maybe you pushed so hard you busted one of your nuts.

If it's really bothering you, I would suggest a doctor, especially if you have insurance (use it if you have it). I have some 'medical background' (ski patrol) and that's about all of the advice I can soundly give to you.

Sorry man, hope you get well soon, and get some ice on that bad boy.