Thread: Prostate pain?

I like mud

Prostate pain?

This morning before work I rode 14 km on back roads and some trails.

At about the 12th km, when I was in an especially muddy trail I felt a sharp pain in what should be my prostate. Any sitting on the seat would produce this pain.

Luckily, I was able to make it back home without much sitting on the saddle.

I am 34 and have never felt this sensation before, and am healthy (as far as I know).

I have been riding regularly (1-3 times a week, 8-16km per ride) for the past 3.5 months.

I ride a hardtail with very limited travel in the front (AMP Research fork).

I felt it at 7:45 am today and since then have gone home, taken a shower, and driven to work. Now it is 10am and there is no pain at all even if I press on it. In other words, I think I could ride now and not feel anything - but I don't know for how long.

Has anyone experienced this pain before?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I had what I thought was a swollen prostate...never had it checked out. It had a swollen pressure type of sensation to it so I assumed that's what it was.I could feel it during long rides and a few hours after riding and the next day or two it would clear up but return after another multihour ride. My rule for most injuries has always been: dull presure, no prob; sharp pain, get it checked!
    I'm no doctor but if I were you I'd have it checked since it's a sharp pain. We're both of the age for prostate cancer.....GOOD LUCK nad GOOD HEALTH!!!