mtbr member

Please tell me "that doesn't sound serious at all" ! (Knee Thread)

Sorry If this is a repetitive knee thread but I'm well woried at the moment.
    I had a stupid fall, not even a big one, three months ago maybe and must have hit my knee although I didn't feel it hurting at the time. Ever since then I've felt this knee a little sensitive to strain.

All was well until yesterday when I may have gone for one too many runs in row in between the riding. Now my knee hurts and feels kinda weird almost exclusively when going down stairs or walking down a slope or hill. Not going up stairs or walking level (?).

I know the sensible thing is to go get it checked out and I will, but maybe someone can put me out of my misery by saying "that doesn't sound serious at all" !!!

Cheers!
    Not much for a man to ask I dare say.. the simple maturity to ensure a limitless supply of clean socks.

mtbr member
    It doesn't matter what we think Alex. Please get yourself checked out. There may be damage that you could make worse by continuing to wait. Are you Greek?

Constantinos
    2005 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 2006 Specialized Roubaix, 2007 Specialized FSR XC Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by K4LK
    It doesn't matter what we think Alex. Please get yourself checked out. There may be damage that you could make worse by continuing to wait. Are you Greek?

Constantinos

Yes I am.
    Not much for a man to ask I dare say.. the simple maturity to ensure a limitless supply of clean socks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandros
    Sorry If this is a repetitive knee thread but I'm well woried at the moment.
    I had a stupid fall, not even a big one, three months ago maybe and must have hit my knee although I didn't feel it hurting at the time. Ever since then I've felt this knee a little sensitive to strain.

All was well until yesterday when I may have gone for one too many runs in row in between the riding. Now my knee hurts and feels kinda weird almost exclusively when going down stairs or walking down a slope or hill. Not going up stairs or walking level (?).

I know the sensible thing is to go get it checked out and I will, but maybe someone can put me out of my misery by saying "that doesn't sound serious at all" !!!

Cheers!
    If I were you, I would stop running or biking for about two weeks and see what happens. You may have just worn yourself out. It's happened to me before and I healed up fine. If you don't feel any better after a couple of weeks, by all means go to the doctor. Even then, take it easy on your knee and be careful not to "baby" it if it turns out you're OK, but just sore.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    My knees are a pain, sometime literally.

I hurt them running in the Army -- we ran a lot -- and they just never worked well after that.

They get sore hiking down steep grades, or even from walking down steep sidewalks on the hills of San Francisco.

My skiing suffered until I began wearing knee braces. With the braces, I can go all day and the next and the next and I feel fine.

The great thing is, they've never bothered me much biking. I get the occassional discomfort from long days in the saddle with lots of climbing, but nothing that's ever stopped me or prevented me from walking normally after the ride.

As the others have suggested, it's worth getting checked out. I can't tell you what my condition is, but my mommy passed it on to me (bless her family), and I'm stuck with knowing my limitations.

Until then, waiting for some hospital in India to come up with an artificial knee replacement / spa, cruise and bike package I can afford!
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    You maybe right, I hope so. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    The great thing is, they've never bothered me much biking. I get the occassional discomfort from long days in the saddle with lots of climbing, but nothing that's ever stopped me or prevented me from walking normally after the ride.

Same here. The problem doesn't prevent me from riding which I guess I should be really greatfull for, and I am, but for me riding isn't enough. You can't ride every day cause it takes too long. So I feel the need to fill in the gaps with running. It's the running that puts my knee limitations into perspective. I don't know what you mean exactly by braces , and it hasn't been long enough for me to be thinking of that kind of solution. I hope I dont have to. As JJGNC said I hope it's just a case of too much too soon!