I Love my Rize

No good Playing the pain game

Well I had a VERY nasty crash this tues June 2. Blew a rear tire at max speed near the end of a gnarly downhill run. I knew I had a damaged rear tire before the run. It had 2 bad scuff marks with coupla fibers sticking out on the sidewall. To make me more of an idiot I had 3 new tires that just came in that morning and didn't change the damaged tire.....BIG mistake. To make a long story short was 6 broken ribs, a fractured chestplate, broken collarbone and last but certainly not least 2 fractures to my C4 neckbone , one in the front and one in the rear. The good news is after numerous xrays, cat scans and of course a mri I'm not ganna be a cripple.......yeahhhhh. Can you spell PAIN? Oh of course I will be wearing a dog collar for a month or more. Other than that I'm fine.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY

mtbr member
    Ouch. Having a bad crash due to an avoidable bike issue is the worst, because you have to live with the knowledge that it would have taken so little prior effort to avert the whole thing.

That's good news about the nerves being ok.

I Love my Rize

I'm lucky

Update.......a little over 8 weeks since the accident...... ribs,chestplate and clavicle pretty much healed.....yeah.......but the fractures to my c4 and c5 have not done anything significant as of 7/29. My neurosurgeon stated it is rare I didn't die or become paralized a C1-C6 controls your breathing and movement. I feel VERY lucky to escape this one. It will take every bit of 12 weeks and more just for the fractures in the neck any real progress and full recovery is many months away. I very humbled by this event. On closing I beg all of you fellow riders to be VERY wary of neck injuries as you might not be as lucky as me. I would highly advise a neck brace for very fast downhill speeds as the speed vastly increases the chances of this type of injury on what I would call a a head plant.
    Early to bed early to RIZE makes a man healthy, wealthy <(scratch that) and wize.

RIGHTY on a LEFTY