jrm
    mtbr member

Platelet Rich Plasma / Shoulder

Im in my 50's, about 190lbs, 5'9"s and in pretty good shape. I've augered on my left shoulder enough times since i began riding MTB in my mid 30s that now its become a permanent injury that seems to be getting progressively worse. Reading that last sentence i had to say to myself "**** dude what do you expect?"..but anyway. I've tired stabilizing it and muscles around it using weights, rest and heat/cold before and after workouts and rides but over time its proving not to be working. Whatever gains i was experiencing with the lifting are diminishing, the injury is becoming more frequent and the recovery periods are getting longer. I have yet to have it evaluated in order to see if PRP is even in the cards but i'd like to hear from anyone, first-hand please, who might have had this done so that when i do get it evaluated and am told what my choices might be i can make a educated decision based on my research on the subject. TIA.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    Well you've come to the right place. One of my best friends is an expert MD regarding this - Dr. Bill Cimikoski. The KEY is to get it done with STEM CELLS! That way it actually regrows degenerated cartilage. Same shoulder - awesome results for me. In fact we rode Park City the day after my surgery. I make a cameo appearance in this vid during my surgery which was filmed for their infomercial:
    Action Health Centers Services - YouTube
    Highly HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! You won't be sorry!

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - I had 3 prior laproscopic shoulder surgeries, by renown sports surgeon Dr. Jonathan Greenleaf, to repair torn ligaments beforehand (thanks to tearing out my repairs in the park/pipe before fully healing). My shoulder was TORE UP to say the least. This was the best thing that happened to me as I no longer have chronic pain. It's still not 100% but it's to where I can totally live with it now!
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!