mtbr member

pics 2 days after my crash

ii ended up with a shattered nose fractured eye socket 2 broken ribs 2 fractured vertebra in my lower back sub dermal hematoma (popped blood vessel in my brain) and re aggravated the herniated disk in my back, i'm off the bike for a good long time, what sucks is i could have avoided the face injuries if i was wearing my full face,

as for how it happened, i hit a drop way too fast, over shot the hill landed to flat and went over the bars, and keeping true to the mountain biker mentality, after i was able to get up the first thought that came to me was o $#it my bike!!!

live life like a bullet
    FAST HARD AND GO OUT WITH A BANG

Trying a little
    sexy

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Geez, that sucks bro, at least it wasn't any worse, and you'll be able to eventually
    ride again. If you mind my asking, what kind of a drop was it, how high was it and did it have a bad transition ?
    Heal fast

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Well just look at the bright side, you'll probably get some fun pill's out of the whole ordeal.

VIP
    Jun 2006
    Ouch get well soon man :/

mtbr member
    thanks for the thoughts, the stunt is actually a kicker that puts you on to a transition going down a hill that's around 12-13 feet high, if done right you get around 5-6 feet of drop that will send you to a buttery smooth landing
    i've hit it hundreds of times before but this time i made 2 mistakes i was riding alone with out the proper protection and i was going way too fast, i should be able to get back on the bike some time around September

as for the bike, bent the handlebars, riped the brake line out of the front caliper, slight warp in the front rim, scratched the chain stay and the seat stay, and the chain snapped
    live life like a bullet
    FAST HARD AND GO OUT WITH A BANG

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Thanks

After seeing pictures like this I started wearing a full face helmet(Specialized Deviant) 100% of the time about two years ago. Thanks for the reminder to wear proper gear. You can tally up some good carma for yourself. Best of luck to you.