lurker
    Jul 2015

Is physiotherapy a good option?

Hi, Three months ago, I fell from my bike and hurt my knees. Went to the doctor twice, but the pain still persists. He says the x-ray doesn't show any fractures or dislocation. But my right knee still hurts every time I ride my bike. I stopped riding for a week and it still didn't get any better. I don't know what to do. My friend suggested a physiotherapy center, which deals with knee pain treatment here in Mississuaga. I am very skeptical about it though. Just worried if the pain would intensify or go away! Thing is I have never done physiotherapy before. Is it a good idea to go for it?

playing in the woods
    absolutely, go for it. if your doc can't find anything wrong, or can offer no more advice, give something else a try. physical therapists help people recover from injuries all day. it's what they do. they will help you outline a game plan for your recovery, regaining flexibility, and regain strength.

if your pain intensifies then you are doing too much, or pushing it too far. listen to your body, and your physiotherapist, they won't make you do anything that will cause further injury.

in my experience they are extremely helpful for recovering from an injury. they will help you to learn what is going on with your body and educate you on the best way to help it heal properly.

no question, go for it.
    Hardtail 29er
    Fat Lefty
    Rigid SS 29er