Thread: Pathetic!

mtbr member

Pathetic!

Just found out yesterday that I need to have ass surgery. I have a pilonidal cyst that needs to be removed. Google it if you dont know what it is. will be off the bike for about a month. This is going to suck. I wonder how long it will be before I can sit my ass on the bike seat again.

worst part is its not even a cool bike related injury.
    MisFitPsycles DiSSent, ALc
    Rocky Mountain Altitude Rally
    Surly Puglsey
    Masi Gran Corsa

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Lool, I had this, its nothing, at least mine wasnt a big size, I figured out soon enough it wasnt a pimple .
    Pretty much in two weeks time, although its hasnt fully recovered yet I could do pretty much what I wanted...

mtbr member
    thats actually some damn good news because the doc said on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst he has seen) mine is a 2.

I am hoping to be back in action by beginning of november because i want to be in shape for an after turkey day race.
    Surly Puglsey
    Masi Gran Corsa

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Mine was maybe half an inch in size, although I have seen some nasty pictures of other people ones. I am not sure how somebody can leave it grow so large without any suspicion, I mean I figured out mine was something out of the ordinary, it was itchin and a guick google quickly found what it might be until the doctor confirmed it to me.

74 & 29 pilot
    I had one 20 years ago in high school. Mine was big and hurt to sit on. Had surgery to remove it, sat on an inflatable donut for about a week and went about my way.

Nothing pathetic about it; It's just life, so live it.

Right now I'm dealing with a broken clavicle that had surgery and a titanium rod put in. What I thought was the least of my problems, some trail rash above my knee, now has a staff infection boil right next to it. Still have 4 weeks at least before I can be on the bike and fighting a staph infection that is draining my energy.

It's life and we just have to deal with it on it's terms.

Good luck and heal quick!
    Last edited by MTB Pilot; 09-14-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    MTBP - thank you for putting it in perspetive. Mine is not bad, but warrants getting taken care of (my wife says so because she is sick of me complaining about it). its really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. just a minor setback at best.

I will be back in no time. Hope your recovery is speedy as well!
    Surly Puglsey
    Masi Gran Corsa