mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Pain in middle of quad

Hey guys maybe someone here has experienced this and can give some advise. Around February I was riding a road bike and my right quad started bother me, but I kept on riding. I could ride for awhile and it would start to tighten up and get more painful. I could stop and stretch which would help for a few miles and then start all over again. I fought this for months on both a road and mountain bike and went as far as getting a professional fitting which didn't help. This only happens on my right leg so I decided to go get some therapy and they have been working on it for about 3 months now, but it won't go away.

They said I tore a muscle and since I kept riding it built up adhesion's that need to be broken up which I believe, because when I first started my quad was so tight you could even get down to the muscle, but most of that has gone away if not all of it, however it still get's tight and painful when I ride. Not when I walk or walk up stairs on when I ride or ride hard or climb.

Sorry this was so long, but has anyone else dealt with something like this on one leg?

Thanks,
    2013 Jamis Dakar XCT 650b Pro

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Well I went in for an MRI and found out I have a chronic muscle strain/tear. He also said I have some muscle loss from it and I'm off for PT better known as physical terrorist. Not a good set back for someone that will be sixty in about a week.
    2013 Jamis Dakar XCT 650b Pro