OTB 1 Tree=2 frac vert

Pain behind knee-suggestions?

Need help- pain just started is biking or something else

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrancex
    Need help- pain just started is biking or something else
    Almost without fail pain behind the knee is the sign of a too high saddle.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member

Same Question

I was going to post the exact same question (pain behind the knees). I know my saddle is not too high, I've had it at the same height for years now. I was just in an endurance race with lots of climbing, and crashed hard near the end. That was two weeks ago, and I'm still experiencing soreness behind the knees. Never experienced that before. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I have a seriously torn meniscus in my right knee from 3 crashes last summer. It showed up real clearly on the MRI. This year I get pain behind the knee when I overdo something: riding, hiking, stretching.

The doc says this type of injury will never heal, but he will only operate if I can no longer do the things I want to do. Apparently too risky.

My suggestion? If you haven't done so, have an MRI done as it will help diagnose what is going on in there.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well thats gay. I just started getting this **** too.

Only I heard a HIGHER saddle aids relieving it. Unless I simply misheard. I am going to do some more searching....

mtbr member

Cleat Position

I think I'm going to go to my LBS to have them check my cleat position. That's the only thing that has changed recently (new shoes).

ronbo613
    Saddle too high and/or mashing too big of a gear. Usually happens to me at the beginning of the season when I'm out of shape. Start with the seat a centimeter lower and spin a lower gear when you start riding hard, slowly raise the seat as you round into shape.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I started to have pain behind my knee a couple of years ago. I had never had that type of knee pain before so I went to the doctor. He sent me for an MRI and ultimately diagnosed it as a torn cartilage. I tried to live with it for a while but after a few months it didn't get better so I had to have surgery.

Members who have read this thread: 0