mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Owned again... nice faceplant and taco'd wheel...

hey guys,

happy halloween! At almost exactly 12 a.m. tonight... the last leg of halloween i managed to do a nice faceplant and bust my second wheel this month...

i was jumping a embankment down at school... bout a 7 foot drop... on improper equipment...

i guess i need to bring my bmx bike back down here... these wheels and this bike isn't built for abuse

here's my second taco'd wheel... back wheel is fugly too...

my eyesight was all messed up for about 30 minutes... probably have a nice concussion and my face is going to have a nice shiner tomorrow... no helmet... shakes head... the lord was gracious at least it wasn't worse...

my left wrist is a little messed up... but i'm aight

pictures of the messed up wheel... and maybe one of me...

~mikeym
    Attached Images Attached Images

Double-metric mtb man
    I'd say consider yourself lucky that you came away with only a concussion and busted up gear on this one, Mikeym. Using the wrong tool for the job and not wearing the protection can lead to some pretty nasty injuries.

Here's hoping you recover quickly and that your pocket book can handle the replacement parts
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

AKA Dr.Nob
    Dude stay in school. You have a lot to learn 'cause that was really, really STUPID.

It looks like you got off really lightly.
    Not that all teenagers are evil mind, just most of them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    thanks psycho mike...

had my wrist x-rayed yesterday... i don't think anything is out of wack... picked up another wheel for 10 bucks... the axle bearings are a little loose though and i don't have any tools down here at school

doctor said i had a slight concussion, but should be fine...

~mikeym