mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Out of Commission / Wrist Injury

The last time I road the trail (3 days ago), I avoided a fall by grabbing a tree. My choices were either 'have a painful fall' or 'grab for my life'. I went from moving really quick to being stopped cold. I had no pain at the time and completed the rest of the trail. But that night my right wrist was a little sore and the next morning I was in great pain. It's now three days later and I'm in even more severe pain. It hurts a lot to rotate my wrist in either direction. An ACE bandage seems to help with the pain. I think I hyper-extended the wrist. Hopefully, I'll be back on the bike in a couple of weeks. But judging by my level of pain...it could be 3 weeks or so.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I sprained/hyperextended my elbow last Sunday, finished the ride but in real pain. The next few days the pain was worse. Now a week later the pain is more managable although I did some real damage. I went to the doc and he said I tore a few things in there and that it will be awhile till I am 100%. This morning I tried to do one tricep exercise with a 5lb dumbell and it was very painful. I will just keep stretching and doing cardio. This week I plan to try a little road ride to see how the elbow and surrounding muscles take it.

Good luck