Newb

Ouch.... Not even on my bike!

Bugger!

Found a roof tile on the grass last night, so I goes up the loft to investigate..... Water comming in! Starts moving boxes out of the way and trip over a joist. I twist right and my left leg went left. POP! My leg now bends forwards and my kneecap is sitting on the side. I now start screaming like a little girl as the pain hits home, not to mention the shock. Being a first aider I know you have a short time to reduce (re-locate) the joint before swelling, muscle spasm and the pain make it a two man job. So I twist my foot the right way and pop the cap back on..... All the time I'm shouting out in pain. The missus is going frantic, but cant get up the loft because of the step-ladders and the jump you need to do to make it.

I'm now back in one piece, but the shock is setting in and I'm going feint and getting tunnel vision. And dimly wondering how I'm going to get down. 15 mins later the Ambulance turns up, they just poke their heads up the loft (i'm now sitting by the opening) Give me O2 and make sure I'm ok. They can't get me down. another 15 mins and the fire brigade turn up. They strap me to a brace and hoist me down, no problem.

4 painful (how many times do they have to bend my knee) Hours at Kings Mill Hospital Nottingham in the care of the Orthopedic docs and I'm released with major strapping and NHS crutches. Got to go back after the swelling dies down to have scans and nerve damage checks as I'm getting pins and needles in my foot.

Bang goes my Running and Mountain biking hobbies. Also can't drive for 4-6 weeks. And the GTO clutch is not the lightest.

They warn me that has it's been out once it's likely to do it again. So I have to get one of those poncy sports support braces to wear whenever I want to do something other than sitting watching telly

Not a good night. And to cap it off, I've got to sort out a roofer and the house insurance today. And I got maybe 1-2 hours kip.

Ian F.
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!

Forgiven
    Should have left the tile on the lawn and gone for a ride!

Sorry to hear, get well soon.