mtbr member

New toy er...skateboard injury

With an insatiable desire to snowboard and zero ability to actually get on the mountain (I live in Phoenix where is hasn't rained in 130+ days) I did the next best thing. I bought a skateboard.

Nevermind that I'm 35 and am TERRIBLE on it. I still bought it - much to the bewilderment of my wife. The only problem is that it's tearing up my left calf muscle - so badly that I can't ride or run for days after I get off the board. Is this a common propblem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

That picture bit....

I hope this is better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I have skiied for years and a few seasons ago my "friend" put me on his extra snowboard. I thought OK, I am going to show them how easy it is. 2 Hours of humiliation later and dripping sweat from stuggling to keep getting up I gave it up.
    So at 50 plus I bought an offroad skateboard with rear brakes. It didn't take long to get the hang of it and next time I tried snowboarding it was almost easy.
    I never had any calf problems.
    Later on I bought a motorized skateboard which was fun but a little to dangerous for my taste, so I traded it for a snowboard.

Its got what plants crave
    I've found skateboards to be pretty precarious. Poor steering and braking. That said.. I've also found them to be pretty fun

jrm
    mtbr member

I still have a skatebaord..

its a 44" sims taperkick. Its so much fun on driveways and banks..
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys