Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by knutso View Post
    Should've updated sooner.
    I crushed a hard 2 hour road ride yesterday at max effort, out of the saddle for all the climbs and most of the ride, cuz I like it that way ... no issues at all with my back, some tingling in my foot where my l4-l5 nerve is permanently damaged but a totally awesome ride. I can swim, walk/hike for hours, have lots of sex and my PT who is a phd is very impressed and running out of ways to bust my now unbreakable legs.

Entry scar is a total non issue and range of motion is perfect in my estimation. Gonna start mountain rides is 2 weeks at the 6 month point.

Big ups everyone and I thank my lucky stars
    Wow, great to hear!!! So, does this mean you can ride rocky tech trails and not risk further damage or do you still have to take it easy on your vertebrae and discs?
    We Ride In God's Country!

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Thanks bro!
    I would guess that riding hard is always risking physical injury. As for me, being injured and basically crippled for about 18 months total has made me risk averse. So I am not taking any excessive chances injuring any part of me. As for my adr, it is pretty unbreakable as per the materials and testing, and it is now boned in there pretty good so its the least of my worries. Even so, look for me pushing my cardio on the climbs harder than my skillz on the descents. At 31, Im already an old man

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Super stoked for ya! Sounds like a dream to me. I'm 34 and have dealt with a constant lower back problem for the past 5 years. My docs are super reluctant to do anything, which is way depressing. From what I've been told I have small tears on my L4,L5 disk and nothing can be done.I've done all the pt recommended, but nothing helps. If I ride or train to much I'm laid up for a week. It's a constant battle. Any recommendation on consulting with local docs. I live just outside the portland area. Thanks

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Thanks for the stoke man! Actually just got in a mid day ride and it felt fantastic.

I saw Robert Tatsumi, who is a real nice dude and his office has been super supportive of ordering XRays or PT even though my procedure was overseas. For me swimming kept away almost all back pain and LA Fitness has salt water pools, so thats where you'll find me Stick with it and stay loose, the longer you go without surgery, the better the operation you will get if you wind up needing it. Spinal surgery is really advancing fast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2