Thread: my swollen knee

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

my swollen knee

I have had a lot of knee injuries in the past. About a week ago, I just hit a rock wrong and my knee felt like "pinged." It didn't hurt until during a race on Wed. night, then it hurt a little more after a mtb ride Fri. night, and today I had difficulty walking and my knee was very poofy. I took some ibu. and iced it and it feels a little better, but definitely not 100%. There is a race tomorrow that I really want to go to, but I am nervous about further injuring my knee. Should I just dope up on ibu and take my chances?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

No

I have been hurt too many times. Don't push it. I'm shot through my right knee. All it takes is the right smack and it hurts. Alieve(naproxen sodium) works a little better for the swelling. Ice it for 20 min a couple of times a day, no heat. No racing until it feels better. Now about that crashing problem of yours. lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks I got up on Sunday and my knee was all better, so I went to the race and swore I would not race if it felt funny. It was *FINE*, cold to the touch even! So I raced and had a great time My bike did, however, suffer an injury and it is going to be repaired tonight.