Thread: My First OTH

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

My First OTH

I did my first OTH to avoid a child that jumped in front of me. About a month ago and I am not a happy camper. This is my third injury on my right shoulder, two on my left.
    I'm a 55 yr old Martial Artist, so I get trashed regularly. Cycling is supposed to be my get fit activity WTF. My year of hard circut training and 18 yrs of MA training so I don't get mangled by my OTH. Not a scratch except for shoulder injury where my arm jammed into the RC when I landed like a lawn dart and couldn't roll w/bike on my feet.
    I've become quite the expert on rotator cuff and other shoulder problems, and I don't want to be!
    Right now I'm icing almost constantly and seeing the Accupuncturist. I can't tell you how much Mr. Needles is helping. That and Vicoden. lol I also do "Inversion" daily.
    I found some very serious shoulder rehab and prevention info on www.tmuscle.com
    There is a series "Shoulder Savers". Check it out,I learned a lot.
    I was planning on setting some personal records and other activities.
    Now I'm trying not to get discouraged.
    Surrender is not an option!

R

mtbr member
    hope you recover quickly. I thought it was OTB, but OTH prob the same thing I presume. mw

Members who have read this thread: 0