Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

my first bike related injury

931 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bradf 
#1 ·
so this is my first post on this forum.
and im a beginner for sure when it comes to mtb.
i used to ride bmx but its a little different.

4 weeks ago yesterday i was riding at my local trail. in portage, IN and warming up (probably going a little too fast for not being used to the trail or my new bike yet. anyways i was coming down a decently steep downgrade and going at a pretty good rate of speed. little did i know there was a pretty immediate left hand turn at the bottom of it. :madman:
so i slammed on the rear brakes which are disc. another bad move but hey im still learning. my bike then proceeded to slide and i tried getting out from underneath it and my right leg got caught under the rear tire and then i heard the worst noise ever. snapping bones. when i finally tried sitting up i also realized my right shoulder had popped out of its socket. so i popped it back in. painful. i was luckily riding w/ a buddy so we tried hopping up the hill on my one leg w/ him supporting me until my shoulder popped out again. so i once again put it back in place and started crawling up the hill. until my shoulder popped out again! so then i finally broke down and called an ambulance. and this is what my leg looks like after surgery.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.