mtbr member
    Apr 2008

messed up my wrist pretty bad

fornd a small drop off today while riding with some friends, got some speed and jumped it, landed in some leaves and slid the front tire sideways and bit the dirt. It screwed up my wrist pretty bad and got some scratches. Iv broken this wrist befor and it never really worked the same. I dont know the difference between how a sprain and a break should feel so i dont know what to do about it. I put some frozen stir fry on it and drank a few beers but its still pretty much frozen in placeand hurts when i move it. Im broke right now cause i just bought a new bike and i dont really have the extra dough to see a doc. What can i do?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Go see a doc, if it's broken you will only do more damage the longer you wait.

On another note, I think that I would get some form of health insurance instead of ponying up for a new bike. This could be an expensive lesson. Remember that ER's and Dr's will work with you on payment schedules if needed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    went to see the dc and she(she was hot) said i was dislocated and fractured the radius bone i think it was. So they popped it back in, i screamed, and now i have a brace. i just got a new job so my insurance hasnt kicked in yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Have you considered COBRA coverage to fill in the insurance gap from your old job to your new job?
    It's expensive but it's gonna be at least cheaper than your dr. bills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by slvoid
    Have you considered COBRA coverage to fill in the insurance gap from your old job to your new job?
    It's expensive but it's gonna be at least cheaper than your dr. bills.
    Nah, just a couple more months and ill be covered. Gotta try to takeit easy until then. I went riding yesterday, just put my gloves on and my brace over my glove andstrapped it on pretty tight, popped some 800mg motrin and headed out. Didnt have a problem at all besides my left arm getting really tired cause i was trying to not use my right arm. Cant wait to get back out there today.