Thread: Lost a tooth

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Bonking ... not feelin' well Lost a tooth

I went riding today and was working some easy single track next thing I know Iím flying over the bars. I hit a good sized rock that someone placed in the trail. When I stood back up I caught myself swallowing my crown that must have jarred loose in the crash, but it was too late I swallowed it.

Now Iím depressed about my missing tooth the plus side is that it cannot be seen when I smile, but I feel the roughness of the post that it was attached to.

I have no dental insurance and Iím a poor college student. Iíve called the dentist and he said if I can ďrecoverĒ the crown it might be an inexpensive fix. So I will spend the next few poop sessions scanning over my turds like a gold miner as a I wallow in tears.

Team Chilidog!
    I broke my front teeth OTB when I was eight. I now have two porcelain crowns.

Never swallowed a crown before, but I relate about teeth.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoRim
    I went riding today and was working some easy single track next thing I know Iím flying over the bars. I hit a good sized rock that someone placed in the trail. When I stood back up I caught myself swallowing my crown that must have jarred loose in the crash, but it was too late I swallowed it.

Now Iím depressed about my missing tooth the plus side is that it cannot be seen when I smile, but I feel the roughness of the post that it was attached to.

I have no dental insurance and Iím a poor college student. Iíve called the dentist and he said if I can ďrecoverĒ the crown it might be an inexpensive fix. So I will spend the next few poop sessions scanning over my turds like a gold miner as a I wallow in tears.
    Time to invest in a pack of elbow length latex gloves! Good luck on the "hunt!"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

If you're dilligent in your hunt you will find it

Quote Originally Posted by IWalker
    Time to invest in a pack of elbow length latex gloves! Good luck on the "hunt!"
    Just good luck when your dentist actually puts it back in place. Will you ever forget where it's been? (I'm thinking about the Scrubs episode about Turks wedding ring for his future wife--"OK, just picture little men in there pushing out the dookey! Remember--push the dookey! And can you save it? It's for my girlfriend."
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I found it and after cleaning it up it fits back on the post good. I suppose to get it recemeted back on thursday, but I'm not holding my breath that I will not need additional work you just never know

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Just good luck when your dentist actually puts it back in place. Will you ever forget where it's been? (I'm thinking about the Scrubs episode about Turks wedding ring for his future wife--"OK, just picture little men in there pushing out the dookey! Remember--push the dookey! And can you save it? It's for my girlfriend."
    If it saves me $600 + for a replacement I will forget

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I found it and after cleaning it up it fits back on the post good. I suppose to get it recemeted back on thursday, but I'm not holding my breath that I will not need additional work you just never know
    Holding your breath probably isn't a bad idea, until you get it thoroughly sanitized

Congrats on finding it though! Please, no details!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I just had a crown installed

If it saves me $600 + for a replacement I will forget
    and it was $900 for the whole package! Congrats on your find.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Life is Good
    That was a great thread. Glad you're ok! My friend did the exact same thing you did back in 2005 but he didn't swallow it. Luckily.

Thanks for the chuckle
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    thats one expensive dump!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It's back in and it only cost $103. Things like this though are a bit scary having no insurance and all. Itís really too bad healthcare is such a mess in this country.

Ti is addictive
    Good god you have a good digestive track, passed that baby out in less then a day.......Did you sieve or pick?????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I could not wait the normal amount of time so I speeded the process up Jiffy Lube style without the stripped drain plug.

Magnesium Citrate yielded no picking, sifting or straining just listening for the sound of something hard hitting a tin oil change pan.

BTW Magnesium Citrate is like over clocking your bowls

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I could not wait the normal amount of time so I speeded the process up Jiffy Lube style without the stripped drain plug.

Magnesium Citrate yielded no picking, sifting or straining just listening for the sound of something hard hitting a tin oil change pan.

BTW Magnesium Citrate is like over clocking your bowls
    Haha, NICE! This thread delivers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Lost a tooth, eh? Sorry about that.

I saw in the news a couple of days ago that a rugby player in the UK found one--

stuck in his forehead from when he hit some guy a few years before!

Least you found yours, although it ended up somewhere else.

Happy endings are good.

mtbr member
    "So I will spend the next few poop sessions scanning over my turds like a gold miner as a I wallow in tears."

sorry to here about that but this last line really got me rolling. Good luck with the panning

mtbr member
    I hope I don't end up sounding like a jerk 'cuz this is a serious question....would a $60.00 or so, full-faced helmet have saved you from this experience?

I only ask 'cuz I've been thinking of investing in a full face helmet.

You're experience has made up my mind for me. I'm getting one!