mtbr member
    Dec 2010

A little endo love

I had a stupid fall this year when I grabbed too much front brake on a slope while trying to fix a wardrobe malfunction. I went right over the top and landed on my cheekbone. Two months on and I still have a contusion on my face and some numbness. At least nothing was broken and no concussion, and it did inspire me to take my first selfie.
    A little endo love-img_0202.jpg

mtbr member
    Did you come up with a creative explanation at work the next day? Glad it was not too serious.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ah, hate when that happens.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Ouch! Hope it heals up quickly!

Not saying they are funny, but I am really surprised there are no sammich jokes..

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Yeah, the only person I accept sammich jokes from is my husband. Speaking of whom, I was tempted after the accident to get a shirt that read "No, my husband doesn't beat me. I mountain bike."

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Astra2 View Post
    Yeah, the only person I accept sammich jokes from is my husband. Speaking of whom, I was tempted after the accident to get a shirt that read "No, my husband doesn't beat me. I mountain bike."
    That would actually be quite funny!

mtbr member
    You hit your cheekbone? And what, showed it down past your jawbone? Is contusion a fancy word for broke the entire left side of my face?

Holy crap, can't imagine dealing with that for two months. I wish you the best of luck in it going the heck away.

I'm rather anal about having my "wardrobe" worked out before I roll, and will stop on a dime if something gets out of whack. I guess that's a good habit now, considering the cards you were dealt. You are a brave one in my book for trying to fix-it on the fly on the downslope.