Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Leg Issues(lymphedema)

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nuggets 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone riding out there suffer from a dibilatating and incureable disease called lymphedema. I do and it really negatively affects my riding. Imagine riding anywhere with a feeling like your legs are concrete. Similar to lactic acid build up. Only difference is there is no remedy. If there is anyone out there putting up with this daily , maybe you can describe how you deal with it. I love riding, the things I see, communing with nature and the exersize I get from it. Unfortunately I can only do 3-4 miles every other day. I need that day in between to let my legs recover. My legs swell and get huge and the muscle gets hard as bone. To make matters even more compicated, I'm recovering from my second total knee replacement. Actually that part is going well. I'm actually climbing some small hills!!! I don't mean to cry on everybody's shoulder, I'm just curious if there is anyone else out there in my shoes and seeking any advise. Thanks for listening to my story. I'm not going to quit biking. Keep on pedalin"!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.